Performance Analysis of AODV with Sectoring in Resource Constrained Ad-Hoc Communication Network
- 4 Downloads
In this paper the performance of an adaptive sectoring ad hoc on demand distance vector based routing algorithm applied for overall reliability improvement of wireless sensor networks (WSNs) with limited resources is considered. Reliable and energy efficient data transmission in WSNs to prolong their network lifetime is an important and challenging issue, which is proposed to be solved via the implementation of an energy efficient reliable data transfer scheme for WSNs named as “Adaptive Sectoring Scheme for Reliability”. In this approach, a given sensor field is divided into sectors activated one at a time by the occurrence of an event. To minimize the congestion as well as to increase the energy efficiency and maximize the packet delivery ratio, the sectoring process is adjusted dynamically according to a predefined reliability of the data transfer. Simulation experiments show that the proposed scheme leads to an improvement in reliability and energy consumption.
KeywordsAd hoc networks Wireless sensor networks Routing protocols Network reliability
This work was partially supported in part by the contract DN 07/22 15.12.2016 of the Bulgarian Research Fund.
- 3.Maktedar, P. P., Deshpande, V. S., Helonde, J. B., & Wadhai, V. M. (2013). Performance analysis of reliability in wireless sensor network. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), 2(4), 299–302.Google Scholar
- 4.Suganya, S., Prabaharan, P., & Malathi, L. (2013). A survey on multipath routing protocols for reliable data transmission in wireless sensor networks. International Journal of Research in Computer and Communication Technology, 2(11), 1218–1221.Google Scholar
- 5.Chaudhari, M. (2017). Energy efficient sustainable routing architecture for MANET. International Journal of Current Engineering and Scientific Research (IJCESR), 4(1), 84–96.Google Scholar
- 7.Sung, T. W., Yang, C. S. (2013) Coverage Improvement for Directional Sensor Networks. In: Chang, R. S., Jain, L., Peng, S. L. (eds) Advances in intelligent systems and applications - volume 1. Smart innovation, systems and technologies (vol. 20). Berlin: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-35452-6_55 Google Scholar
- 9.Chaturvedi, A., Goswami, D. N., & Singh, S. (2015). Energy aware route selection algorithm for cross layer design over MANET. In International conference on reliability, infocom technologies and optimization (ICRITO) (trends and future directions), Sept 2–4 (pp. 1–6). Noida, India.Google Scholar
- 10.Lalitha, V., & Rajesh, R. S. (2014). Power aware and topology aware ad-hoc ondemand multipath distance vector routing for MANET. In IEEE international conference on intelligent systems and control (ISCO), Jan 10–11 (pp. 115–119). Coimbatore, India.Google Scholar
- 15.Er, I. I., & Seah, W. K. G. (2010). Adaptive cluster-based approach for reducing routing overheads in MANETs. In Asia-Pacific conference on communications (APCC), Oct 31–Nov 03 (pp. 279–284). Auckland, New Zealand.Google Scholar
- 16.Younis, M., Farrag, O., & Lee, S. (2011). Cluster mesh based multicast routing in MANET: An analytical study. In IEEE international conference on communications (ICC), June 5–9 (pp. 1–6). Kyoto, Japan.Google Scholar
- 17.Moh, M., Kukanur, R., Lin, X., & Dhar, S. (2007). On energy-efficient self organizing routing for wireless mobile networks. In IEEE globecom workshops, Nov 26–30 (pp. 1–6). Washington, DC.Google Scholar
- 18.Varaprasad, G. (2007). New power aware routing algorithm for MANETs using gateway node. In International conference on parallel and distributed systems, Dec 5–7 (pp. 1–4). Hsinchu, Taiwan.Google Scholar
- 20.Wategaonkar, D. N., & Deshpande, V. S. (2013). MARS: Sectoring scheme to improve reliability in WSN. International Journal of Wireless Communication, 3(1), 47–50.Google Scholar
- 21.Wategaonkar, D. N, & Deshpande, V. S. (2013). Sectoring approach for separation of sensor nodes in various sectors to achieve reliability. Indian Patent office, Publication Number 231/MUM/2013.Google Scholar
- 22.Wategaonkar, D. N., & Deshpande, V. S. (2013). On improvement of performance for transport protocol using sectoring scheme in WSN. International Journal of Computer Engineering and Technology (IJCET), 4(4), 275–281.Google Scholar
- 23.The network simulator-ns 2.35. http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/. Accessed: 31 Jan 2018.