Smart Antenna System for DOA Estimation using Single Snapshot
- 43 Downloads
In the antenna array signal processing, a lot of interest has been given towards large number of samples which is asymptotic case. In certain cases like automotive radar applications only few or in the worst condition one sample (snapshot) of radar sensor is available for the direction finding. Hence single snapshot based direction of arrival (DOA) algorithms are required for such cases. Two such methods, namely, single snapshot root-multiple signal classification (MUSIC) and single snapshot estimation of signal parameters via rotational invariance technique (ESPRIT) algorithms using uniform linear array (ULA) are proposed. The experimental results clearly show that the proposed methods with single snapshot and the classical methods with 100 snapshots have almost similar performance. This results in ten times increase in execution. Hence the proposed methods are computationally efficient and can be used in advanced radar communications where latency is an important issue.
KeywordsDOA ESPRIT MUSIC Smart antenna Spatial smoothing
This research work has partly been carried out with the support of the defense research development organization (DRDO), Bangalore, to which the authors would like to express their gratitude.
- 3.Barabell, A. J. (1983) Improving the resolution performance of eigen structure-based direction finding algorithms. In IEEE proceedings of international conference on acoustics, speech, and signal processing (Vol. 8, pp. 336–339).Google Scholar
- 6.Veerendra, Bakhar, Md., & Vani, R. M. (2014). Implementation and optimization of modified MUSIC algorithm for high resolution DOA estimation. In IEEE proceedings of international conference on microwave and RF conference (pp. 193–197).Google Scholar
- 10.Qian, C., & Huang, L. (2012). A low-complexity Nyström-based algorithm for array subspace estimation. In Proceedings of IMCCC, China (pp. 112–114).Google Scholar
- 11.Veerendra, Bakhar, Md., & Vani, R. M. (2015). Smart antenna system for DOA estimation using Nyström based MUSIC algorithm. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 4(4), 786–789.Google Scholar
- 13.Jeng, S., Lin, H., Okamoto, G., Xu, G., & Vogel, W. J. (1997). Multipath direction finding with subspace smoothing. IEEE Transaction on ASSP, 5(21–24), 3485–3488.Google Scholar
- 16.Dakulagi, V., Noubade, A., Agasgere, A., Doddi, P., & Fatima, K. (2019). Modified adaptive beamforming algorithms for 4G-LTE smart-phones. In Soft Computing and Signal Processing. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer (Vol. 898, pp. 561–568).Google Scholar