Comparative Analysis of ICI Self Cancellation Techniques for Wavelet OFDM Under Different Channels in Simulink
Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) has found its place in many applications due to its advantages like robustness to channel fading,spectral efficiency and high data rate. Long Term Evolution and Wi-Fi utilises OFDM. Some practical limitations faced by OFDM are Inter carrier Interference(ICI) and Peak to Average Power Ratio(PAPR). Many schemes to combat the ICI and PAPR are available. In this paper, we analyze the different ICI self cancellation techniques proposed in literature. Further, these techniques are integrated with wavelet based OFDM. ICI Self Cancellation techniques for wavelet OFDM are compared under different channels using Simulink.
KeywordsCarrier frequency offset (CFO) Discrete wavelet transform (DWT) Inter carrier interference (ICI) Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) Quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM)
- 46.Côme, B., Ness, R., Donnay, S., Van der Perre, L., Eberle, W., Wambacq, P., et al. (2001). Impact of front end non-idelaities on bit error rate performance of WLAN-OFDM transceivers. Microwave Journal, 44(2), 126–140.Google Scholar
- 6.Fu, Y., Kang, S. G., & Ko, C. C. (2002). A new scheme for PAPR reduction in OFDM systems with ICI self-cancellation. In Proceedings IEEE 56th vehicular technology conference (Vol. 3, pp. 1418–1421). https://doi.org/10.1109/vetecf.2002.1040449.
- 7.Sathananthan, K., Athaudage, C. R. N., & Qiu, B. (2004) A novel ICI cancellation scheme to reduce both frequency offset and IQ imbalance effects in OFDM. In Proceedings of ninth international symposium on computers and communications, ISCC 2004 (IEEE Cat. No. 04TH8769) (Vol. 2, pp. 708–713). https://doi.org/10.1109/iscc.2004.1358623.
- 8.Singh, H., Sarowa, S., Agrawal, S., (2015) A novel hybrid ICI cancellation technique for OFDM optimization. In IEEE international conference (RAECS) (pp. 1–5). https://doi.org/10.1109/raecs.2015.7453374.
- 9.Sarowa, S., Singh, H., Agrawal, S., & Sohi, B. S. (2017). A novel energy efficient ICI cancellation technique for bandwidth improvements through cyclic prefix reuse in the OFDM system. Springer Frontiers of Information Technology and Electronics Engineering, 18, 1892–1899. https://doi.org/10.1631/FITEE.1601333.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Singh, P., & Sahu, O. P. (2015). An overview of ICI self cancellation techniques in OFDM systems. In IEEE international conference on computational intelligence and communication technology (pp. 299–302), Ghaziabad. https://doi.org/10.1109/cict.2015.113.
- 15.Hariprasad, N., Sundari, G., (2015) Comparative analysis of the BER performance of DWT OFDM over that of FFT OFDM in presence of phase noise. In International conference on robotics, automation, control and embedded systems (RACE) (pp. 1–4) Chennai. https://doi.org/10.1109/race.2015.7097288.
- 19.Gupta, D., Vats, V. B., & Garg, K. K. (2008) Performance analysis of DFT-OFDM, DCT-OFDM, and DWT-OFDM systems in AWGN channel. In The fourth international conference on wireless and mobile communications (pp. 214–216), Athens. https://doi.org/10.1109/icwmc.2008.66.
- 20.Ranjana, R. P. G., & Hariprasad, N. (2015). Performance analysis of DWT based OFDM for WiMAX. In International conference on innovation information in computing technologies (pp. 1–8), Chennai. https://doi.org/10.1109/iciict.2015.7396087.
- 22.Manjunatha, K., Reshma, M. (2017). Comparative study on DWT-OFDM and FFT-OFDM simulation using Matlab/Simulink. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology, 43(5). https://doi.org/10.14445/22315381/ijett-v43p250.
- 23.Kaur, N., & Kumar, N. (2017) Review and analysis of Simulink based OFDM. 3rd International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication & Automation (ICACCA) (pp. 1–5). (Fall), Dehradun. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICACCAF.2017.8344664.