Distributed Polar Coded Single Carrier-FDMA Based on Multilevel Construction Over Multipath Channels
- 18 Downloads
A multilevel constructed polar coded single carrier frequency division multiple access (MLPC-SCFDMA) scheme is proposed and its bit-error rate performance over the multipath channels is examined. The multilevel construction of the polar code effectively divides the larger length polar code into two smaller length polar codes. This effective division of the polar codes have motivated the authors to efficiently transform the proposed scheme into coded-cooperative communication scheme. The relay’s contribution has always been given a supreme importance in the design of the any coded-cooperative communication system. Therefore, the authors have employed the use of re-transmission of the bad bit channels at the relay node. Moreover, in order to validate and compare its bit-error rate performance, the authors have also devised existing nested polar coded cooperative (NPCC) SCFDMA scheme over multipath channels. Numerical results based on Monte Carlo simulations demonstrate the superiority of multilevel constructed polar coded-cooperative SCFDMA scheme over traditional NPCC-SCFDMA scheme by gain of 0.2–0.3 dBs under similar conditions. This evident improved bit-error rate performance has occurred mainly because of an efficient re-transmission of the bad bit channels by polar sub-code placed at the relay node and the joint successive cancellation polar decoder efficiently utilized at the destination node. Moreover, the proposed multilevel constructed polar coded-cooperative SCFDMA scheme outperforms its corresponding multilevel polar coded SCFDMA (non-cooperative) scheme by the margin of 0.4 dBs under similar conditions.
KeywordsMultilevel construction Single carrier frequency division multiple access (SCFDMA ) Polar code International telecommunication union (ITU) Additive white Gaussian noise (AWGN)
The financial assistance provided by National Natural Science Foundation of China under the contract No. 61771241 is acknowledged.
- 1.Dahlman, E., Parkvall, S., & Skold, J. (2011). 4G LTE/LTE-advanced for mobile broadband. London: Elsevier.Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, J., Yang, L.-L., & Hanzo, L. (2009). Multi-user performance of the amplify-and-forward single-relay assisted SC-FDMA uplink. In Proceedings of IEEE VTCFall, Montreal, QC, Canada, pp. 1–5.Google Scholar
- 11.Ejaz, S., & Yang, F.-F. (2017). Jointly optimized ReedMuller codes for multilevel multi relay coded-cooperative VANETS. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 66(5), 4017–4028.Google Scholar
- 18.Ejaz, S., Yang, F.-F., & Soliman, T. (2015). Multi-level construction of polar codes for half-duplex wireless coded-cooperative networks. Frequenz, 69, 509–517.Google Scholar
- 21.ITU-R Recommendation M.1225. (1997). Guidelines for evaluation of radio transmission technologies for IMT-2000.Google Scholar