An Opportunistic MCS Drop Scheme for Improved LTE eMBMS Transmission
- 10 Downloads
In this paper, we propose modulation and coding scheme level drop scheme for LTE evolved multimedia broadcast/multicast service (eMBMS) by transmitting additional parity information opportunistically with limited feedback overhead to improve the performance of the eMBMS. Our proposed scheme overcomes the limited performance of the conventional eMBMS due to the lack of dynamic link adaptation capability. We prove that the transmission performance of eMBMS can be improved significantly with the proposed scheme, which is verified with intensive system-level simulations.
KeywordseMBMS LTE MCS Link adaptation
This work was supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant funded by the Korea Government (MSIP) (NRF-2017R1A2B1004474).
- 3.Technical Specification Group Services and System Aspects; E-UTRA and E-UTRAN; Overall description, 3GPP Std. TS36.300 V8.7.0, December 2008.Google Scholar
- 4.E-UTRAN; Overall description, Stage 2, 3GPP Std. TS36.300 V11.3.0, September 2012.Google Scholar
- 5.E-UTRA, Radio Resource Control, Protocol Specification, 3GPP Std. TS36.31 V11.1.0, September 2012.Google Scholar
- 6.Awada, A., Navrátil, D., & Säily, M. (2016). A study on single-cell point-to-multipoint transmission for public safety communications with eMBMS LTE networks. In Proceedings of IEEE wireless communications and networking conference (WCNC).Google Scholar
- 12.Phan, M.-A., & Huschke, J. (2009). Adaptive point-to-multipoint transmission for multimedia broadcast multicast services in LTE. arXiv preprint arXiv:0907.2139.
- 14.Wang, X., Wang, Y., & Zhang, Y. (2013). A novel transmission policy for reliable eMBMS download delivery. In Proceedings of IEEE wireless communications and networking conference (WCNC).Google Scholar
- 16.Kim, S. H., Moon, S. H., & Kim, J. (2013). Supplementary parity transmission scheme for reliable LTE eMBMS. In Proceedings of the 10th IEEE vehicular technology society Asia pacific wireless communications symposium (APWCS).Google Scholar