Precoding for Non-orthogonal Multiple Access with User Equipment Pairing
- 13 Downloads
Due to the tremendous throughput requirement, current spectrum allocation scheme of 4G long term evolution-advanced system can’t satisfy the need for future communications applications. Hence, researches have proposed a non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA) technique as a candidate for 5G access system recently. This paper proposes two precoding matrix selection methods for the NOMA system and also provides an appropriate user equipment (UE) pairing method for NOMA. Combining the UE pairing with the proposed precoding selection method, results show that system capacity for NOMA system can be further improved.
KeywordsNOMA MIMO system Precoding matrix UE pairing
Funding was provided by Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan (Grant No.: 105-2119-M-019-006-).
- 1.3GPP. (2011). Technical specification group radio access network; evolved universal terrestrial radio access (E-UTRA); physical channels and modulation (release 10). September 2011, http://www.3gpp.org/ftp//Specs/archive/36_series/36.211/.
- 2.Lan, Y., Benjebboiu, A., Chen, X., Li, A., & Jiang, H. (2014). Considerations on downlink non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA) combined with closed-loop SU-MIMO. In Proceedings of international conference on signal processing and communication systems (ICSPCS), 2014.Google Scholar
- 3.Saito, Y., Kishiyama, Y., Benjebbour, A., Nakamura, T., Li, A., & Higuchi, K. (2013). Non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA) for future radio access. IEEE VTC Spring 2013.Google Scholar
- 4.NTT DOCOMO. (2014) DOCOMO 5G White paper 5G radio access: requirements, concept and technologies.Google Scholar
- 6.Taherzadeh, M., Nikopour, H., Bayesteh, A., & Baligh, H. (2014). SCMA codebook design. In 2014 IEEE 80th vehicular technology conference (VTC Fall).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu, H., Zhenyong W., Dezhi, L., Qing, G., & Jie, L. (2016). A novel multi-dimensional constellation design method based on lattices for sparse code multiple access. In 2016 IEEE 13th international conference on signal processing (ICSP).Google Scholar
- 8.Schwarz, S., Mehlfuhrer, C., & Rupp, M. (2010). Calculation of the spatial preprocessing and link adaption feedback for 3GPP UMTS/LTE. In 2010 6th conference on wireless advanced (WiAD), (pp. 1, 6) 27–29 June 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/wiad.2010.5544947.
- 9.Fu, W., Zhang, F., Yantao, G., & Cui, Z. (2011). Research on the selection algorithm of precoding matrix in TDD LTE. In 2011 IEEE 3rd international conference on communication software and networks (ICCSN), (pp. 365, 368), 27–29 May 2011.Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, C. MIMO precoder selection for 3GPP-LTE/LTE-A systems. Master thesis, National Center University, Taiwan. http://etd.lib.nctu.edu.tw/cgi-bin/gs32/ncugsweb.cgi/ccd=4pcW6Q/record?r1=5&h1=1.