Vehicle trajectory prediction algorithm in vehicular network
- 167 Downloads
Vehicular ad hoc network has become an important component of the intelligent transportation system, what’s more, the vehicle trajectory prediction has gradually become one of the hotter issues in this research. Vehicle trajectory prediction cannot only provide accurate location services, but also can monitor traffic conditions in advance, and then recommend the best route for the vehicle. For this purpose, this research established a new method for vehicle trajectory prediction (TPVN), which is mainly applied to predict the vehicle trajectory in the short term. Based on the regularity of vehicle movement, the algorithm is helpful to predict the vehicle trajectory so as to estimate the position of the vehicle motion probability. To improve the prediction accuracy, the motion patterns are divided into two types: simple pattern and complex pattern. The advantage of the TPVN algorithm is that the calculation result not only predicts the movement behavior of vehicles in different motion patterns but also the probability distribution of all possible trajectories of the vehicle in the future. Simulation on a large number of true trajectory datasets shows that the performance of TPVN outperforms than other classical algorithms.
KeywordsVANET Vehicle trajectory prediction Regularity of motion Motion pattern
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 71633006, 616725407). This work is supported by the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation funded project (Grant No. 2017M612586). This work is supported by the Postdoctoral Science Foundation of Central South University (Grant No. 185684). Also, this work was supported partially by “Mobile Health” Ministry of Education-China Mobile Joint Laboratory.
L.W. and J.W. conceived and designed the experiments; L.W. performed the experiments; L.W analyzed the data; Z.C. and J.L contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools; L.W. wrote the paper.
- 3.Liu, P., Kurt, A., & ÖZgüNer, U. (2014). Trajectory prediction of a lane changing vehicle based on driver behavior estimation and classification. In IEEE, international conference on intelligent transportation systems (pp. 942–947). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 7.Hu, W. C., Yang, H. J., & Kaabouch, N. (2016). Secure spatial trajectory prediction based on traffic flows. In IEEE international conference on electro information technology (pp. 0723–0727). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 9.Xu, X., Lian, C., Wang, J., He, H. G., & Hu, D. (2016). Actor–critic reinforcement learning for autonomous control of unmanned ground vehicles. Science Robotics, 354, 42–47.Google Scholar
- 13.Liu, K., & Lim, H. B. (2012). Positioning accuracy improvement via distributed location estimate in cooperative vehicular networks. In 15th international IEEE conference on intelligent transportation systems (ITSC), 2012, (pp. 1549–1554). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 15.HouéNou, A., Bonnifait, P., & Cherfaoui, V. (2014). Risk assessment for collision avoidance systems. In IEEE international conference on intelligent transportation systems (pp. 386–391). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 16.Liu, P., Kurt, A., & Ner, U. G. (2014). Trajectory prediction of a lane changing vehicle based on driver behavior estimation and classification. In 2014 IEEE 17th international conference on proceedings of intelligent transportation systems (ITSC) (pp. 942–947), November 7–12, 2014. IEEE.Google Scholar
- 17.Houenou, A., Bonnifait, P., & Cherfaoui, V. (2013) Vehicle trajectory prediction based on motion model and maneuver recognition. In 2013 IEEE/RSJ international conference on proceedings of the intelligent robots and systems (IROS) (pp. 4363–4369), November 6–9, 2013. IEEE.Google Scholar
- 19.Yin, X., Wang, B., & Li, W. (2015). Background subtraction for moving cameras based on trajectory-controlled segmentation and label inference. KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, 9(1), 4092–4107.Google Scholar
- 20.Hu, W. C., Yang, H. J., & Kaabouch, N. (2016). Secure spatial trajectory prediction based on traffic flows. In IEEE international conference on electro information technology (pp. 0723–0727). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 22.Mei, Y. C., Angeline, L., Chin, R. K. Y., et al. (2007). Vehicle trajectory clustering for traffic intersection surveillance. In IEEE international conference on consumer electronics-Asia (pp. 1–4). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 23.Kim, B. D., Kang, C. M., Lee, S. H., et al. (2017). Probabilistic vehicle trajectory prediction over occupancy grid map via recurrent neural network. In IEEE 20th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC). https://doi.org/10.1109/ITSC.2017.8317943.
- 24.Pérez-Hurtado, I., Capitán, J., Caballero, F., et al. (2016). Decision-theoretic planning with person trajectory prediction for social navigation. In L. Reis, A. Moreira, P. Lima, L. Montano, & V. Muñoz-Martinez (Eds.), Robot 2015: Second Iberian Robotics Conference. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (Vol. 418). Springer.Google Scholar
- 30.MITtrajsingle: http://www.ee.cuhk.edu.hk/~xgwang/MITtrajsingle.html.