Spectrum sensing exploiting the maximum value of power spectrum density in wireless sensor network
- 44 Downloads
Spectrum sensing plays a foundational role in cognitive radio sensor networks. However, only the methods with low computational complexity can be utilized due to energy restriction of sensor node. To this end, a novel frequency-domain spectrum sensing method is presented to satisfy corresponding requirements of cognitive radio sensor networks. Only the maximum value of power spectrum density is utilized as test statistic to reduce the computational complexity. According to the dependence of 2L real parts and imaginary parts of the maximum value of power spectrum density, we model the maximum value of power spectrum density as the central Chi-square distribution for the \(H_0\) case and non-central Chi-square distribution for the \(H_1\) case. Exploiting resulting distributions, we derive the analytic expressions for the detection probability and the false-alarm probability. Additionally, the computational complexity of the proposed method is quantitatively analyzed. Finally, we certify the proposed test statistic and the probability distribution of the maximum value of power spectrum density and evaluate the impact of some parameters on the detection performance experimentally. The theoretical analysis and simulation results demonstrate that the proposed algorithm can offer high performance gains over the existing time-domain detection method.
KeywordsCognitive radio sensor network Frequency-domain spectrum sensing The maximum value of power spectrum density Welch method
This work is supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) (61671176). We would like to thank Linxiao Su for his suggestion, discussion and simulation code.
- 9.Baradkar, H. M., & Akojwar, S. G. (2014). Implementation of energy detection method for spectrum sensing in cognitive radio based embedded wireless sensor network node. In 2014 International conference on electronic systems, signal processing and computing technologies (ICESC) (pp. 490–495).Google Scholar
- 10.Saberali, S. A., & Beaulieu, N. C. (2014). Matched-filter detection of the presence of MPSK signals. In 2014 International symposium on information theory and its applications (ISITA) (pp. 85–89).Google Scholar
- 12.Sedighi, S., Taherpour, A., Khattab, T., & Hasna, M. O.(2014). Multiple antenna cyclostationary-based detection of primary users with multiple cyclic frequency in cognitive radios. In Globecom 2014-cognitive radio and networks symposium (pp. 799–804).Google Scholar
- 16.Mustapha, I., Ali, B. M., Sali, A., & Rasid, M. F. A.(2014). Energy-aware cluster based cooperative spectrum sensing for cognitive radio sensor networks. In 2014 IEEE 2nd international symposium on telecommunication technologies (ISTT) (pp. 45–50).Google Scholar
- 18.Qu, Z., Xu, Y., & Yin, S. (2014). A novel clustering-based spectrum sensing in cognitive radio wireless sensor networks. 2014 IEEE 3rd international conference on cloud computing and intelligence systems (CCIS) (pp. 695–699).Google Scholar
- 19.Ergul, O., & Akan, O. B. (2014). Cooperative coarse spectrum sensing for cognitive radio sensor networks. IEEE Wireless Communications & Networking Conference, 23(4), 2055–2060.Google Scholar
- 20.Matinmikko, M., Sarvanko, H., Mustonen, M., & Mammela, A. (2009). Performance of spectrum sensing using Welch’s periodogram in rayleigh fading channel. In Proceedings of the 4th international conference on CROWNCOM (pp. 1–5).Google Scholar
- 23.Dikmese, E., Ilyas, Z., Sofotasios, P. C., Renfors, M., & Valkama, M. (2017). Sparse frequency domain spectrum sensing and sharing based on cyclic prefix autocorrelation. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 35(1), 159–172.Google Scholar
- 25.Simon, M. K. (2006). Probability distributions involving gaussian random variables: A handbook for engineers and scientists. New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- 26.Proakis, J. G., & Manolakis, D. G. (2007). Digital signal processing (4th ed.). Upper Saddle River: Pearson Prentice Hall.Google Scholar