Joint precoding and scheduling algorithm for massive MIMO in FDD multi-cell network
- 128 Downloads
Massive multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) systems, in which base stations are equipped with a large number of antennas in a two-dimensional antenna array, is one of the most promising technologies to improve the spectral efficiency of the fifth generation mobile communication systems (5G). Since there is no short-term channel reciprocity, the frequency-division duplexing (FDD) massive MIMO system has to obtain channel state information with the help of uplink feedback with acceptable overhead. To cope with this issue, we propose the design of joint precoding and scheduling algorithm in FDD multi-cell network. In the algorithm, all the users are firstly grouped by the statistics of channel correlation matrix, then the inter-group interference exiting among intra-cell and inter-cell is eliminated at the first precoding stage. Then users are adaptively scheduled and beamformed at the second precoding stage based on the low dimension effective channel. Finally, the effectiveness of the proposed algorithm is presented through simulations.
Keywords5G Massive MIMO Resource allocation Power allocation Scheduling
This work was supported by the State Major Science and Technology Special Projects (Grant No. 2016ZX03001001-005).
- 4.Guo, K., Guo, Y., & Ascheid, G. (2013). On the performance of EVD-based channel estimations in MU-massive-MIMO systems. In Proceedings of IEEE personal indoor and mobile radio communications (PIMRC 2013), London, UK, pp. 1376–1380.Google Scholar
- 10.Chalise, B. K., Haering, L., & Czylwik, A. (2004). Robust uplink to downlink spatial covariance matrix transformation for downlink beamforming. In International Zurich seminar on communications, pp. 204–207.Google Scholar
- 11.Hugl, K., Kalliola, K., & Laurila, J. (2002). Spatial reciprocity of uplink and downlink radio channels in FDD systems. European Cooperation in the field of scientific and technical research, May, 2002.Google Scholar
- 14.Xu, Y., Yue, G., Prasad, N., Rangarajan, S., & Mao, S. (June 2014). User grouping and scheduling for large scale MIMO systems with two-stage precoding, In Proceedings of IEEE ICC. Sydney, Australia (pp. 5208–5213).Google Scholar
- 15.Molisch, A. F. (2010). Wireless Communications. (Vol. 15). New York, NY, USA: Wiley.Google Scholar