Intelligent energy-aware efficient routing for MANET
- 202 Downloads
Designing an energy efficient routing protocol is one of the main issue of Mobile Ad-hoc Networks (MANETs). It is challenging task to provide energy efficient routes because MANET is dynamic and mobile nodes are fitted with limited capacity of batteries. The high mobility of nodes results in quick changes in the routes, thus requiring some mechanism for determining efficient routes. In this paper, an Intelligent Energy-aware Efficient Routing protocol for MANET (IE2R) is proposed. In IE2R, Multi Criteria Decision Making (MCDM) technique is used based on entropy and Preference Ranking Organization METHod for Enrichment of Evaluations-II (PROMETHEE-II) method to determine efficient route. MCDM technique combines with an intelligent method, namely, Intuitionistic Fuzzy Soft Set (IFSS) which reduces uncertainty related to the mobile node and offers energy efficient route. The proposed protocol is simulated using the NS-2 simulator. The performance of the proposed protocol is compared with the existing routing protocols, and the results obtained outperforms existing protocols in terms of several network metrics.
KeywordsMobile ad-hoc network Multi-criteria decision making Soft set Fuzzy soft sets Intuitionistic fuzzy soft sets
The authors would like to thank the associate editor and the anonymous reviewers for their insightful comments and suggestions that helped us to improve the content of this paper.
- 4.Yadav, A. K., & Tripathi, S. (2016). Qmrprns: Design of qos multicast routing protocol using reliable node selection scheme for manets. Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications. doi: 10.1007/s12083-016-0441-8.
- 5.Verdone, R., Dardari, D., Mazzini, G., & Conti, A. (2010). Wireless sensor and actuator networks: Technologies, analysis and design. London: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- 6.Das, S. K., Kumar, A., Das, B., & Burnwal, A. P. (2013). Ethics of e-commerce in information and communications technologies. International Journal of Advanced Computer Research, 3(1), 122–124.Google Scholar
- 8.Das, S. K., Kumar, A., Das, B., & Burnwal, A. P. (2013). Ethics of reducing power consumption in wireless sensor networks using soft computing techniques. International Journal of Advanced Computer Research, 3, 301–304.Google Scholar
- 11.Lu, A., & Ng, W. (2005). Vague sets or intuitionistic fuzzy sets for handling vague data: Which one is better? In International conference on conceptual modeling, pp. 401–416. Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- 12.Das, S. K., Tripathi, S., & Burnwal, A. P. (2015). Fuzzy based energy efficient multicast routing for ad-hoc network. In 2015 third international conference on computer, communication, control and information technology (C3IT), pp. 1–5. New York: IEEE.Google Scholar
- 13.Das, S. K., Tripathi, S., & Burnwal, A. P. (2015). Design of fuzzy based intelligent energy efficient routing protocol for wanet. In 2015 Third international conference on computer, communication, control and information technology (C3IT), pp. 1–4. New York: IEEE.Google Scholar
- 14.Das, S K., Tripathi, S., & Burnwal, A. P. (2015). Intelligent energy competency multipath routing in wanet. In Information systems design and intelligent applications, pp. 535–543. Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- 18.Lou, C., & Zhuang, W. (2015). Energy-efficient routing over coordinated sleep scheduling in wireless ad hoc networks. Peer-to-peer networking and applications, pp. 1–13.Google Scholar
- 20.Abirami, S., Bhanumathi, V., & Dhanasekaran, R. (2012). A balanced approach for power aware routing in MANET using fuzzy logic. In IJCA proceedings on international conference in recent trends in computational methods, communication and controls (ICON3C 2012), no. 5. Foundation of Computer Science (FCS).Google Scholar
- 21.Hiremath, P. S., & Joshi, S. M. (2012). Energy efficient routing protocol with adaptive fuzzy threshold energy for manets. In International Journal of Computer Networks and Wireless Communications (IJCNWC), Vol. 2. ISSN: 2250-3501.Google Scholar
- 22.Chettibi, S., & Chikhi, S. (2013). FEA-OLSR: An adaptive energy aware routing protocol for manets using zero-order sugeno fuzzy system. International Journal of Computer Science Issues (IJCSI), 10(2), 136–141.Google Scholar
- 26.Das, S. K., Tripathi, S. (2016) Energy efficient routing protocol for MANET using vague set. In Proceedings of fifth international conference on soft computing for problem solving, pp. 235–245. Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- 27.Zimmermann, H. J. (1991) Fuzzy set theory and its applications. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers.Google Scholar
- 28.Das, S. K., & Tripathi, S. (2015). Energy efficient routing protocol for MANET based on vague set measurement technique. Procedia Computer Science, 58, 348–355.Google Scholar
- 29.Das, S. K., Kumar, A., Das, B., & Burnwal, A. P. (2013). On soft computing techniques in various areas. Intenational Journal of Informational Technology and Computer Science, 3, 59–68.Google Scholar
- 30.Das, S. K., Tripathi, S., & Burnwal, A. P. (2014). Some relevance fields of soft computing methodology. International Journal of Research in Computer Applications and Robotics, 2, 1–6.Google Scholar