Study of the Modules over Rings and Their Extensions
- 41 Downloads
We study the problem of transfer of the properties of some types of modules under identity preserving ring homomorphisms. These studies seem to be overlooked in the literature. We have chosen several types of modules and provided proofs for these properties that are transferable and suitable counterexamples for the properties that are not transferable.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. W. Anderson and K. R. Fuller, “Rings and categories of modules,” in: Graduate Texts in Mathematics, 13, 2nd ed., Springer-Verlag, New York (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.T. W. Hungerford, “Algebra,” in: Graduate Texts in Mathematics, 73 (1989), 5th ed., Springer, New York (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Hazewinkel, N. Gubareni, and V. V. Kirichenko, “Algebra, rings and modules,” in: Mathematics and Its Applications, Springer, Netherlands, Vol. 1 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.T.-Y. Lam, “Lectures on modules and rings,” in: Graduate Texts in Mathematics, 189, Springer-Verlag, New York, (1999).Google Scholar
- 8.J. Rotman, “An introduction to homological algebra,” in: Universitext, 2nd ed., Springer, New York (2008).Google Scholar