Syntheses, structures, and catalytic activity in Friedel–Crafts acylations of substituted tetramethylcyclopentadienyl molybdenum carbonyl complexes
- 35 Downloads
Reactions of the substituted tetramethylcyclopentadienes [C5HMe4R] [R = t Bu, Ph, CH2CH2C(CH3)3] with Mo(CO)3(CH3CN)3 in refluxing xylene gave a series of dinuclear molybdenum carbonyl complexes [(η5-C5Me4R)Mo(CO)3]2 [R = t Bu (1), Ph (2), CH2CH2C(CH3)3 (3)], [(η5-C5Me t Bu)Mo(μ-CO)2]2 (4)], and [(η5-C5Me4) t Bu]2Mo2O4(μ-O) (5)], respectively. Complexes 1–5 were characterized by elemental analysis, IR, 1H NMR, and 13C NMR spectroscopy. In addition, their crystal structures were determined by X-ray crystal diffraction analysis. The catalytic activities of complexes 1–3 in Friedel–Crafts acylation in the presence of o-chloranil has also been investigated; the reactions were achieved under mild conditions to give the corresponding products in moderate yields.
The authors gratefully acknowledge the financial support from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 21372061), the Hebei Natural Science Foundation of China (No. B2017205006), and the Key Research Fund of Hebei Normal University (No. L2017Z02).
- 23.Ma ZH, Li ZW, Qin M, Li SZ, Han ZG, Zheng XZ, Lin J (2017) Chin J Inorg Chem 33:1074Google Scholar
- 24.Zhang N, Ma ZH, Li SZ, Han ZG, Zheng XZ, Lin J (2017) Chin J Inorg Chem 33:1497Google Scholar
- 29.Ma ZH, Zhao MX, Li F, Liu XH, Lin J (2009) Chin J Inorg Chem 25:1699Google Scholar
- 30.Ma ZH, Zhao MX, Lin LZ, Han ZG, Lin J (2010) Chin J Inorg Chem 26:1908Google Scholar
- 32.Chen SS, Wang JX, Wang XK, Wang HG (1993) Chin J Struct Chem 12:229Google Scholar
- 34.Adatia T, McPartlin M, Mays MJ, Morris MJ, Raithby PR (1989) J Chem Soc, Dalton Trans, 1555Google Scholar