Preference orderings represented by coherent upper and lower conditional previsions
- 9 Downloads
Preference orderings assigned by coherent lower and upper conditional previsions are defined and they are considered to define maximal random variables and Bayes random variables. Sufficient conditions are given such that a random variable is maximal if and only if it is a Bayes random variable. In a metric space preference orderings represented by coherent lower and upper conditional previsions defined by Hausdorff inner and outer measures are given.
KeywordsPreference ordering Coherent upper and lower conditional previsions Choquet integral Disintegration property Hausdorff outer measures
The author is grateful to two anonymous referees for their comments.
- Billingsley, P. (1986). Probability and measure. Oxford: Wiley.Google Scholar
- de Finetti, B. (1972). Probability, induction and statistics. New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- de Finetti, B. (1974). Theory of probability. London: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Doria, S. (2008). Convergences of random variables with respect to coherent upper probabilities defined by Hausdorff outer measures, Advances in Soft Computing (Vol. 48, pp. 281–288). New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- Doria, S. (2010). Coherent upper conditional previsions and their integral representation with respect to Hausdorff outer measures Combining Soft Computing and Stats Methods, C.Borgelt et al. (Eds.) 209-216.Google Scholar
- Falconer, K. J. (1986). The geometry of fractals sets. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Mayag, B., Gabrish, M., & Labreuche, C. (2011). A represenation of preferences by the Choquet integral with respect to a 2-additive capacity, theory and decision (p. 71). Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- Rogers, C. A. (1970). Hausdorff measures. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Savage, L. J. (1954). The foundations of statistics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Seidenfeld, T., Schervish, M. J., & Kadane, J. K. (1998). Non-conglomerability for finite-valued, finitely additive probability. The Indian Journal of Statistics, Special issue on Bayesian Analysis, 60(Series A), 476–491.Google Scholar
- Walley, P. (1981). Coherent lower (and upper) probabilities. Statistics Research Report, University of Warwick.Google Scholar