Effect of the Composition of Ethanol–Water Mixtures on the Properties of Oxide (Zn-Zr-Si) and Zeolitic (Ta/SiBEA) Catalysts in the Production of 1,3-Butadiene
- 11 Downloads
The reasons for the deactivating effect of water on the conversion of ethanol to 1,3-butadiene in the presence of Zn-Zr(La)-Si oxide and Cu(Ag, Zn)/Ta/SiBEA zeolite catalysts are studied. The decrease in the yield of 1,3-butadiene using ethanol–water mixtures of different composition compared with rectified ethanol is due to the deactivating effect of H2O vapor on the Lewis acid sites of the catalyst, at which acetaldehyde undergoes aldol condensation.
Key wordsethanol–water mixture 1,3-butadiene ZnO/ZrO2–SiO2 Ta/SiBEA effect of H2O
The investigations were carried out with partial financial support from research programs of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine “Support of priority directions of scientific investigations (KPKVK 6541230)” and “Fundamental problems of creation of new substances and materials of chemical production.”
- 5.R. G. Grim, A. T. To, C. A. Farberow, et al., ACS Catal., 4145-4172 (2019).Google Scholar
- 8.R. Dastillung, B. Fischer, M. Jacquin, and R. Huyghe, “Method for the production of butadiene from ethanol in one low-water and low-energy-consumption reaction step,” USA Pat. 20170267604 A1, IC C 07 C 2/40, F 28 D 15/02, C 07 C 2/86, B 01 D 11/04, B 01 D 3/14, Publ. Sept. 21, 2017.Google Scholar
- 9.S. Fan, J. Liu, X. Tang, et al., Chinese J. Chem. Eng., doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cjche.2018.12.005 (2019).
- 21.O. V. Larina, P. I. Kyriienko, and S. O. Soloviev, Teor. Éksp. Khim., 52, No. 1, 47-52 (2016). [Theor. Exp. Chem., 52, No. 1, 51-56 (2016) (English translation).]Google Scholar
- 22.O. V. Larina, P. I. Kyriienko, and S. O. Soloviev, Teor. Éksp. Khim., 51, No. 4, 244-249 (2015). [Theor. Exp. Chem., 51, No. 4, 252-256 (2015) (English translation).]Google Scholar