Mechanochemical Preparation of Nanodispersed Mo3@CeO2 Composite and Its Catalytic Properties in Oxidation of Ethanol
It was shown that mechanochemical treatment of 1 : 1 MoO3–CeO2 oxide mixture leads to the formation of nanosized particles with core–shell type of structure with a layer of amorphous molybdenum oxide on a core of nanocrystalline cerium oxide. It was established that the synthesized nanocomposites are highly active and selective catalysts for the oxidation of ethanol to acetaldehyde at low temperatures (~200 °C).
Key wordsmechanochemical preparation MoO3–CeO2 composite oxidation of ethanol
The work was carried out with financial support from a targeted comprehensive program of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine “New functional substances and materials of chemical production” (project 13/19). The authors are grateful to O. Yu. Posudievskii (L. V. Pysarzhevsky Institute of Physical Chemistry, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine) for assistance in the mechanochemical treatment of the samples.
- 11.D. Klissurski, M. Mancheva, Y. Dimitriev, et al., J. Alloys Compd., 485, Nos. 1/2, 104-109 (2009).Google Scholar
- 12.V. A. Zazhigalov, Teor. Éksp. Khim., 49, No. 3, 166-171 (2013). [Theor. Exp. Chem., 49, No. 3, 178-184 (2013) (English translation).]Google Scholar
- 13.V. A. Zazhigalov, E. V. Sachuk, N. S. Kopachevskaya, et al., Teor. Éksp. Khim., 52, No. 2, 96-102 (2016). [Theor. Exp. Chem., 52, No. 2, 97-103 (2016) (English translation).]Google Scholar
- 16.B. S. Jiang, R. Chang, and Y. C. Lin, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 52, No. 1, 37-42 (2013).Google Scholar
- 18.K. Wieczorek-Ciurowa, N. Litvin, and V. Zazhigalov, Przemysl. Chem., 90, No. 7, 1404-1411 (2011).Google Scholar
- 19.V. A. Poluboyarov, S. I. Kiselevich, O. A. Kirichenko, et al., Neorgan. Materialy, 34, No. 11, 1365-1372 (1998).Google Scholar
- 20.V. A. Zazhigalov, A. I. Kharlamov, L. Depero, et al., Teor. Éksp. Khim., 36, No. 2, 105-110 (2000). [Theor. Exp. Chem., 36, No. 2, 98-102 (2000) (English translation).]Google Scholar
- 22.G. K. Boreskov, Heterogeneous Catalysis [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar