Effect of Pd0 Content in Palladium Nanoparticles on Their Catalytic Activity in Liquid-Phase Hydrogenation of o-Nitrotoluene
- 10 Downloads
It was shown that a catalyst obtained by depositing palladium nanoparticles from a colloidal solution onto a carbon support stabilized with polyvinylpyrrolidone exhibits higher activity in liquid-phase hydrogenation of o-nitrotoluene than a commercial sample of Pd/C with the same palladium content. From analysis of data from TEM, XRD, and XPS it was concluded that the increase of activity is due to the increased content of Pd0 in the synthesized catalyst.
Key wordscatalysis nanoparticle palladium hydrogenation o-nitrotoluene
The work was carried out within the scope of a comprehensive program of scientific investigations “New functional substances and materials of chemical production” of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Project 5-18).
- 9.C. P. Ruas, D. K. Fischer, and M. A. Gelesky, J. Nanotech., 906740 (2013).Google Scholar
- 11.J. Jungers and L. Sajus, Kinetic Methods of Investigation of Chemical Processes [Russian translation], Khimiya, Leningrad (1972).Google Scholar
- 13.M. V. Ulitin, A. A. Trunov, and O. V. Lefedova, Kinet. Katal., 39, 43-48 (1998).Google Scholar
- 14.Ya. A. Dofman, Catalysts and Mechanisms of Hydrogenation and Oxidation [in Russian], Nauka, Alma-Ata (1984).Google Scholar
- 15.N. A. Zakarina and G. D. Zakumbaeva, Highly Dispersed Metallic Catalysts [in Russian], Nauka, Alma-Ata (1987).Google Scholar