Cooperative spectrum sensing with incremental relaying
- 23 Downloads
In this article, we suggest a new Spectrum Sensing (SS) algorithm using Incremental Relaying (IR). In previous studies, the relays always cooperate in the SS process. However, sometimes the Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) of the direct link between the Primary User (PU) and the Fusion Node (FN) is high and cooperation is not required. We suggest to activate the relays only when the SNR of direct link is lower than a predefined threshold T. Otherwise, the relays should be idle. In the proposed SS algorithm with IR, all relays can amplify the PU signal to FN only when the SNR of direct link is lower than T. We can also implement IR with relay selection techniques. When the SNR of direct link is lower than T, we select the best relay. Three relay selection algorithms are investigated such as opportunistic amplify and forward, partial and reactive relay selection.
KeywordsSpectrum sensing Cognitive radio Cooperative diversity
Funding was provided by The sincere appreciation for the deanship of Scientific research at Saudi Electronic University for funding this research.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
On behalf of all authors, the corresponding author states that there is no conflict of interest.
- 5.Kulkarni, K., Franchi, N., & Fettweis, G. (2019). Real-time cooperative spectrum sensing: Reliable localization of unknown interferers in shared spectrum. In 12th international ITG conference on systems, communications and coding (pp. 1–6).Google Scholar
- 10.Caso, G., De Nardis, L., Ferrante, G. C., & Di Benedetto, M. G. (2013). Cooperative spectrum sensing based on majority decision under CFAR and CDR constraints. In IEEE Personal Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC) (pp. 51–55).Google Scholar
- 11.Li, Z., yu, F., & Huang, M. (2009). A cooperative spectrum sensing consensus scheme in cognitive radio. In Processing INFOCOM (pp. 2546–2550).Google Scholar
- 16.Atapattu, S., Tellambura, C., & Jiang, H. (2009). Relay based cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks. In GLOBECOM 2009.Google Scholar
- 20.Alhamad, R., Wang, H., & Yao, Y.-D. (2015). Reporting channel design and analysis in cooperative spectrum sensing for cognitive radio networks. In Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC) Fall (pp. 1–5).Google Scholar
- 21.Nuttall, A. H. (1974). Some integrals involving the QM function. Technical report, Naval Underwater systems Center (NUSC).Google Scholar
- 22.Boujemaa, H. (2010). Exact symbol error probability of cooperative systems with partial relay selection. European Transactions on Telecommunications, 21, 79–85.Google Scholar
- 24.Hussain, S. I., Alouini, M. S., Qarage, K., & Hasna, M. (2012). Reactive relay selection in underlay cognitive networks with fixed gain relays. In IEEE international conference on communications 2012 (pp. 1784–1788).Google Scholar
- 25.Proakis, J. G. (1995). Digital communications (3rd ed.). New York City: Mc Graw Hill.Google Scholar