Combined user and antenna scheduling scheme for MIMO–OFDM networks
- 58 Downloads
A combined user and antenna scheduling algorithm implementing spatial multiplexing with limited feedback is proposed for multiple-input multiple-output orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing downlink channel. Base station (BS) should be kept updated about the channel conditions of the different subcarriers of all the users present in the multiple carrier system for the achievement of efficient spectrum utilization. Hence, users convey the channel state information (CSI) in the form of signal-to-interference-plus-noise ratio (SINR) to BS. According to the proposed algorithm, each user sends an array of best SINRs corresponding to each transmit antenna. This scheme overcomes the limitations of the schemes where all the users feed only the maximum CSI to BS. All the antennas at BS are utilized to the fullest by transferring data packets for the entire duration of communication by the proposed algorithm unlike the existing scheduling schemes. The system throughput analysis for this algorithm is presented for both homogeneous and heterogeneous network. Numerical results match well with the simulation results for this two kind of networks.
KeywordsMIMO–OFDM Scheduling User/receive antenna scheduling SINR feedback Homogeneous network Heterogeneous network
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
On behalf of all authors, the corresponding author states that there is no conflict of interest.
- 3.Chiaraviglio, L., Amorosi, L., Cartolano, S., Blefari-Melazzi, N., Dellolmo, P., Shojafar, M., & Salsano, S. (2017). Optimal superfluid management of 5G networks. In IEEE conference on network softwarization (NetSoft) (pp. 1–9).Google Scholar
- 6.David, H. A. (1981). Order statistics (2nd ed.). New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- 10.Kim, C., Ko, K., Jung, S., & Lee, J. (2010). On the SINR distribution for an orthogonal random beamforming system and its performance. In Proceedings on IEEE vehicular technology conference.Google Scholar
- 14.Pattanayak, P., & Kumar, P. (2015). Limited feedback scheduling for MIMO–OFDM broadcast network. In IEEE symposium on wireless personal multimedia communications (WPMC).Google Scholar
- 15.Pattanayak, P., & Kumar, P. (2016). SINR based limited feedback scheduling for MIMO–OFDM heterogeneous broadcast networks. In IEEE national conference on communication (NCC) (pp. 1–6).Google Scholar
- 16.Pattanayak, P., Pandey, D., & Kumar, P. (2015). Error rate performance for multiuser scheduling in MIMO downlink system with imperfect CSI. In IEEE national conference on wireless communications, vehicular technology, information theory and aerospace and electronic systems (WVITAE).Google Scholar
- 17.Pattanayak, P., Trivedi, V. K., Chakraborty, S., & Kumar, P. (2017). BER performance of multi user scheduling for MIMO–STBC and MIMO–OFDM broadcast network with imperfect CSI. In IEEE national conference on signal processing and integrated networks (SPIN) (pp. 66–70).Google Scholar
- 19.Pattanayak, P., & Kumar, P. (2016). Quantized feedback MIMO scheduling for heterogeneous broadcast networks. Wireless Networks Springer, 23, 1–18.Google Scholar
- 27.Swannack, C., Uysal-Biyikoglu, E., & Wornell, G. W. (2005). MIMO broadcast scheduling with limited channel state information. Proceedings of Annual Allerton Conference on Communications, Control and Computing.Google Scholar