About the statistical analysis of theoretically calculated values
From examples of our papers, we will show that theoretically calculated properties’, mainly spin-spin coupling constants, dependence with the distance presents a profile that is similar to the Morse potential energy function. This kind of function should be preferred to polynomial regression models.
KeywordsPolynomial Morse equation NMR properties Spin-spin coupling constants
This work was carried out with financial support from the Ministerio de Economía, Industria y Competitividad of Spain (Project No. CTQ2015-63997-C2-2-P) and Comunidad Autónoma de Madrid (S2013/MIT2841, Fotocarbon). Computer, storage, and other resources from the CTI (CSIC) are gratefully acknowledged.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Kitaigorodsky A, cited by Pyykkö P (2007) Relatively challenging. Chem Sci 4:C89–C96Google Scholar
- 2.Eigen M (1973) The origin of biological information. In: Mehra J (ed) The Physicist’s Conception of Nature. D. Reidel Publ. Co., Dordrecht-Boston, p 618Google Scholar
- 7.Espinosa E, Alkorta I, Elguero J, Molins E (2002) From weak to strong interactions: a comprehensive analysis of the topological and energetic properties of the electron density distribution involving X–H···F–Y systems. J Chem Phys 117:5529–5542. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1501133 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.R Core Team (2017) R: a language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna. https://www.R-project.org
- 10.Shenderovich IG, Tolstoy PM, Golubev NS, Smirnov SN, Denisov GS, Limbach HH (2003) Low-temperature NMR studies of the structure and dynamics of a novel series of acid-base complexes of HF with collidine exhibiting scalar couplings across hydrogen bonds. J Am Chem Soc 125:11710–11720. https://doi.org/10.1021/ja029183a CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 11.Siskos MG, Tzakos AG, Gerothanassis IP (2015) Accurate ab initio calculations of O–H···O and O–H·−O proton chemical shifts: towards elucidation of the nature of the hydrogen bond and prediction of hydrogen bond distances. Org Biomol Chem 13:8852–8868. https://doi.org/10.1039/c5ob00920k CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar