A New Relative Importance Index of Evaluation for Conjoint Analysis: Some Findings for CRM Assistant
- 4 Downloads
ELECTUS is an Italian multi-centre research project with the aim of reinforcing the relationship between the academic world and business. Through this project, it is possible to acquire information about entrepreneurs’ new graduate recruitment strategies. Using a CAWI survey, Lombardy companies with at least 15 employees were asked to indicate their preferences in choosing among hypothetical profiles of new graduates with different competencies. In this study, a conjoint analysis is performed to identify the features of a graduate’s profile that employers prefer for a potential candidate for the position of a customer relationship management assistant. From a methodological point of view, starting from the part-worth utilities of conjoint analysis, a new indicator of relative importance of attributes is introduced to measure the monetary value for the skills possessed by the candidates.
KeywordsConjoint analysis Relative importance of attributes Economic valuation index Labour market ELECTUS
The authors thank Prof. Luigi Fabbris for involving us in the ELECTUS project and for helpful advices. The authors also thank the two anonymous referees for their valuable suggestions.
- Almalaurea, XXVII. (2016). Indagine sulla condizione occupazionale dei laureati, Rapporto.Google Scholar
- Bak, A., & Bartlomowicz, T. (2012). Conjoint analysis method and its implementation in conjoint R package. In Data analysis methods and its applications (pp. 239–248).Google Scholar
- Breidert, C., Hahsler, M., & Reutterer, T. (2006). A review of methods for measuring willingness-to-pay. Innovative Marketing, 2(4), 8–32.Google Scholar
- C-Direct Consulting. (2016). Il CRM in Italia: Diffusione, aree critiche e di miglioramento, opportunit e trend emersi a confronto con il 2015.Google Scholar
- David, H. A., & Nagaraja, H. N. (1970). Order statistics. New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Fabbris, L., & Scioni, M. (2015). Dimensionality of scores obtained with a paired-comparison tournament system of questionnaire item. In A. Meerman, & T. Kliewe, (Eds.), Academic proceedings of the 2015 University–Industry interaction conference: challenges and solutions for fostering entrepreneurial universities and collaborative innovation.Google Scholar
- Isfol. (2017). Ministero del lavoro-classificatore delle professioni. http://fabbisogni.isfol.it. Accessed 3 Dec 2017.
- Istat. (2014). La situazione del paese.Google Scholar
- Mariani, P., & Mussini, M. (2013). A new coefficient of economic valuation based on utility scores. Argumenta Oeconomica, 30(1), 33–46.Google Scholar
- Sawtooth, S. (2017). http://www.sawtoothsoftware.com. Accessed 3 Dec 2017.
- Unioncamere. (2017). Sistema informativo excelsior. In Progetto Excelsior. Sintesi dei principali risultati. http://excelsior.unioncamere.net. Accessed 3 Dec 2017.