Estimating the Driven Pile Capacities for COF Project in West Kazakhstan
- 1 Downloads
This paper presents estimations of bearing capacities of precast concrete joint piles at two construction sites in the regions of Port Prorva located in Western Kazakhstan. The capacities of the piles were predicted using the static pile load test data with the conventional interpretation methods. The results were compared to those from APILE analyses, analytical calculations based on the Kazakhstani standard method, and the pile driving analyzer. It was shown that the highest pile capacities were obtained from the Chin interpretation and Decourt extrapolation methods. The results from De Beer, Davisson, and Fuller and Hoy interpretation methods were found to be similar. The result from the Butler and Hoy interpretation method was similar to the ones obtained from pile driving analyzer and APILE analyses. The pile capacity obtained by the Kazakhstani standard method was found slightly higher, though it is applicable for estimating ultimate pile capacities. The yield capacity of the piles was determined under working loads. The methods used in the paper can also serve as practical guidelines to assess the capacities of driven piles installed in the field.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Zhussupbekov, I. Morev, A. Omarov, K. Borgekova, and G. Zhukenova, "Geotechnical considerations of piling testing in problematical soils of West Kazakhstan," Int. J. GEOMATE, 15, No. 47, 111-117 (2018).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Zhussupbekov, A. Omarov, G. Zhukenova, and G. Tanyrbergenova, "Pile Foundations of Mega Projects: New Railway Station and LRT in Problematical Soil Ground of Astana," Procedia Eng., 189, 511-518 (2017).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Zhussupbekov, R. Lukpanov, and A. Omarov, "The Results of Dynamic (Pile Driving Analysis) and Traditional Static Piling Tests in Capital of Kazakhstan," Proc. 13th Baltic Sea Region Geotechnical Conference, Vilnius, Lithuania, 201-205 (2016).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Zhussupbekov and A. Omarov, "Modern Advances in the Field Geotechnical Testing Investigations of Pile Foundations," Procedia Eng., 165, 88-95 (2016).Google Scholar
- 6.B. H. Fellenius, "The analysis of results from routine pile load tests," Ground Eng., 13, 19-31 (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.B. H. Fellenius, "What capacity value to choose from the results a static loading test. We have determined the capacity, then what?", Deep Found. Inst., 19-26 (2001).Google Scholar
- 8.L. C. Reese, S. T. Wang, and J. Arrellaga, Computer Program APILE Plus for the Analysis of the Axial Capacity of Driven Piles, Austin, Texas (2007).Google Scholar
- 9.SNiP RK 5.01-03-2002. Pile Foundation, Astana, Kazakhstan [in Russian] (2002).Google Scholar
- 10.ASTM D1143. Standard Test Methods for Deep Foundations Under Static Axial Compressive Load, ASTM International, USA (2007).Google Scholar