The Accelerogram-Based Probabilistic Analysis of Slope Stability
- 3 Downloads
This study sought to assess the probabilistic stability of slope analysis under seismic conditions in the middle of the Mzymta River Valley in Russia's Greater Sochi. In probabilistic analysis, almost all input parameters can be assigned a probability distribution; however, the seismic coefficient probability distribution has been difficult to define in previous studies. This study aims to assign a probability distribution to the seismic coefficient based on seismogram acceleration distribution. The study showed that seismogram-based probabilistic analysis is a feasible way to assess slope stability.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J. Krahn, Stability Modeling with SLOPE/W. An Engineering Methodology, 3rd ed., Geo-Slope Int. Ltd. (2007).Google Scholar
- 3.O. V. Zerkal and I. K. Fomenko, "Influence of various factors on the results of probabilistic analysis of landslide activation," Eng. Geol., No. 1, 16-21 (2016).Google Scholar
- 9.O. V. Zerkal and I. K. Fomenko, "Probabilistic assessment of slope stability and its use for landslide hazard analysis," Proc. IX Int. Conf. "Georisk-2015" (Moscow, 2015).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Kang and O. V. Zerkal, "Application of the probabilistic slope stability analysis," Eng. Geol., No. 4. 18-26 (2017).Google Scholar
- 11.V. V. Pendin and I. K. Fomenko, The Methodology of Evaluation and Prediction of Landslide Hazard, Lenand, Moscow (2015).Google Scholar
- 13.Building Code 11-105-97, Engineering geological site investigations for construction. Part II. Rules of manufacture of works in the area of development of hazardous geological and engineering-geological processes.Google Scholar
- 14.Building Code 14.13330.2014, Construction in seismic areas.Google Scholar
- 15.Comite Europeen de Normalisation (CEN) (2004) Eurocode 8, design of structures for earthquake resistance. Part 5: Foundations, retaining structures and geotechnical aspects. European Standard NF EN 1998, Brussels, Belgium.Google Scholar
- 16.I. K. Fomenko, V. S. Zakharov, K. G. Samarkin-Djarsky, and O. N. Sirotkina, "Consideration of seismic impact in the calculation of slope stability (on the example of Krasnopolyansk geodynamic polygon," GeoRisk, No.4, 50-55 (2009).Google Scholar
- 17.O. V. Pavlenko, "The study of the radiation characteristics and propagation of seismic waves in the North Caucasus by modeling the accelerograms of the recorded earthquakes," Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 45, No.10, 874-884 (2009).Google Scholar
- 18.K. Kang, O. V. Zerkal, I. K. Fomenko, and A. A. Ponomarev, "Modern approaches to the quantitative assessment of slope stability under seismic conditions," Eng. Geol., No.8(1-2), 72-85 (2018).Google Scholar