Determination of the local tidal parameters for the Borowiec station using Satellite Laser Ranging data
- 39 Downloads
The values of regional tidal parameters h2, l2 associated with the tidal variations of ground stations were estimated for the Polish Satellite Laser Ranging (SLR) station Borowiec using SLR data. The study is based on satellite observations taken by the global network of ground stations during the period from January 1, 1999 until January 1, 2019 for monthly orbital arcs of the satellites LAGEOS-1 and LAGEOS-2. The adjusted regional values for h2 equalling 0.7308 ± 0.0008 and l2 equalling 0.1226 ± 0.0003 are discussed and compared with the nominal values of h2 and l2 given in the the International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service (IERS) standards and with other estimations of these parameters. Furthermore, the influence of the tidal parameters changes on estimation of the Borowiec station coordinates in the ITRF2014 reference frame was investigated. The analysis was carried out in two variants. The first one consisted in the determination of the Borowiec station coordinates with the use of the nominal values of the tidal parameters: h2 = 0.6078 and l2 = 0.0847 (IERS recommended values). In the second one, the Borowiec station coordinates were determined using the local tidal parameters estimated in this paper (h2 = 0.7308 ± 0.0008 and l2 = 0.1226 ± 0.0003). The differences between X, Y ,Z for Variant 1 and Variant 2 are −3.5, 3.3 and 4.2 mm, respectively.
KeywordsBorowiec laser station SLR local tidal parameters ITRF2014
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Folkner W.M., Charlot P., Finger M.H., Williams J.G., Sovers O.J., Newhall X.X. and Standish E.M. Jr., 1994. Determination of the extragalactic-planetary frame tie from joint analysis of radio interferometric and lunar laser ranging measurements. Astron. Astrophys., 287, 279–289.Google Scholar
- Golonka J., Ślączka A. and Picha F., 2003. Geodynamic evolution of the orogen: the West Carpathians and Ouchaitas case study. Ann. Soc. Geol. Pol., 75, 145–167.Google Scholar
- Jagoda M., Rutkowska M. and Kraszewska K., 2017. The evaluation of time variability of tidal parameters h and l using SLR technique. Acta Geodyn. Geomater., 14, 153–158.Google Scholar
- McCarthy J.J., Rowton, S. Moore, D. Pavlis, D.E. Luthcke S.B. and Tsaoussi L.S., 1993. GEODYN II System Operation Manual, 1–5. STX System Corp., Lanham, MD.Google Scholar
- Petecki Z., Polechońska O., Cieśla E. and Wybraniec S., 2003. Magnetic Map of Poland. Scale 1:500,000. Polish Geological Institute, Warsaw, Poland.Google Scholar
- Petit G. and Luzum B., 2010. IERS Conventions. IERS Technical Note No. 36. Verlag des Bundesamts fur Kartographie und Geodasie, Frankfurt an Main, Germany.Google Scholar
- Schillak S., 2004. Analysis of the process of the determination of station coordinates by satellite laser ranging based on results of the Borowiec SLR station in 1993.5–2000.5. Part 2: Determination of the station coordinates. Artif. Satell., 39, 265–287.Google Scholar
- Tapley B.D., Flechtner F., Bettadpur S.V. and Watkins M.M. 2013. The status and future prospect for GRACE after the first decade. Abstract. American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting 2013, (http://abstractsearch.agu.org/meetings/2013/FM/G32A-01.html).
- Torrence M.H., Klosko S.M. and Christodoulidis D.C., 1984. The construction and testing of normal points at Goddard Space Flight Center. 5th International Workshop on Laser Ranging Instrumentation, Herstmonceux, U.K. Geodetic Institute, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany, 506–511.Google Scholar
- Wu B., Bibo P., Zhu Y. and Hsu H., 2001. Determination of Love numbers using Satellite Laser Ranging. J. Geod. Soc. Japan, 47, 174–180.Google Scholar