Evolution of the Structural-Phase State of a Titanium Alloy of the System Ti–Al–V–Mo During Formation of an Ultrafine-Grained Structure Using Reversible Hydrogenaтion
- 4 Downloads
Using methods of electron-microscopy and x-ray structural analysis, we have investigated peculiarities of the evolution of the structural-phase state of an alloy of the system Ti–Al–V–Мо during formation of an ultrafine-grained structure by a method combining hot plastic deformation and reversible hydrogenation. It has been shown that the presence in solid solution of 0.15 wt% hydrogen makes it possible to lower by more than a factor of 2 the magnitude of the plastic deformation needed to obtain an ultrafine-grained state in the alloy. We found that during deformation and subsequent degassing of hydrogen from the alloy, such processes as the phase transformations α′′→β→α and β→α′′ and a redistribution of the doping elements take place, facilitating the formation of a lamellar morphology in the grains and preservation of a high level of strength properties of the ultrafine-grained structure.
Keywordstitanium alloy hydrogen ultrafine-grained structure phase transformation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Ke Hua, Jinshan Li, Hongchao Kou, et al., J. Alloys Compd., 671, 381–388 (2016).Google Scholar
- 7.V. E. Panin, V. E. Egorushkin, A. V. Panin, and A. G. Chernyavskii, Fizich. Mezomekh., 19, No. 1, 31–46 (2016).Google Scholar
- 11.A. A. Il’in, B. A. Kolachev, and V. K. Nosov, Hydrogen Technology of Titanium Alloys [in Russian], National University of Science and Technology “MISIS” Publishing House, Moscow (2002).Google Scholar
- 12.Yanxu Zong and Kunyao Wu, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, 703, 430–437 (2017).Google Scholar
- 14.M. V. Mal’tsev and N. I. Kashnikov, Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 45, No. 2, 426–428 (1978).Google Scholar
- 16.E. W. Collings, Physical Metallurgy of Titanium Alloys, American Society for Metals, Cleveland (1984).Google Scholar
- 17.Panin V. E. and Egorushkin V. E., Phys. Mesomech., 12, No. 5–6, 204–220 (2009).Google Scholar