Calculation of Spectroscopic Parameters of Diatomic Molecules with an Open Electron Shell
- 12 Downloads
The spectroscopic parameters of the BeH and CH molecules with an open electron shell are calculated in the basis of the Slater functions. An analytical expression for the total electron energy of molecules with an open electron shell is obtained. The total electron energy of the BeH and CH molecules was calculated by the Hartree–Fock–Roothaan (HFR) method for seven internuclear distances, including the equilibrium internuclear distance. A table of total energy values is constructed depending on the internuclear distance R. The total energy of a diatomic molecule is approximated as a third-degree polynomial in R. Applying the least squares method to energy values from the above-mentioned table, an analytical formula for the total energy of the BeH and CH molecules is obtained as a function of R. The analytical formula for E(R) has allowed the spectroscopic parameters ωe (harmonic vibrational frequency), ωexe (anharmonicity constant), Be (rotational constant), and αe (rovibrational interaction constant) to be calculated.
Keywordsspectroscopic parameters total energy Slater atomic orbitals determinant wave function least squares method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. T. Falzon, D. P. Chong, and F. Wang, J. Comput. Chem., 27, No. 2, 11 (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Mahmoud, Theoretical study of diatomic molecules BN, SiN and LaN, Electronic structure and spectroscopy, Theoretical and/or Physical Chemistry, Universite Montpellier II – Sciences et Techniques du Languedoc (2016).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Shurkus, R. I. Rakauskas, and A. B. Bolotin, Litovsk. Fizich. Sbornik, XXII, No. 4, 42 (1983).Google Scholar
- 9.H. Bethe, Quantum Chemistry [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 11.T. M. Mursalov, F. G. Pashaev, D. B. Bairamova, et al., Vestnik Bakinskogo Gosud. Univ. Ser. Fiz.-Mat. Nauk, No. 2, 155 (2005).Google Scholar
- 15.A. G. Gasanov and F. G. Pashaev, Romanian J. Inform. Sci. Technol., 19, Nо. 4, 331 (2016).Google Scholar
- 20.G. A. Radtsig and B. M. Smirnov, A Handbook on Atomic and Molecular Physics [Russian translation], Atomizdat, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 21.N. Bessis and G. Bessis, J. Chem. Phys., 74, Nо. 6, 3628 (1981).Google Scholar