Electrical Parameters of a Laser Beam Channel in the Atmosphere. II
- 2 Downloads
Results of measurements of the conductivity and electric field strength in the laser radiation propagation channel and near it are presented. An experimental setup and measurement scheme are described. The data have been obtained in the prebreakdown regime. The dependences of the laser-induced field strength on the laser radiation power and the optical characteristics of the propagation channel are investigated. The feasibility of ionization channel diagnostics using the electro-optical effects in the atmosphere is shown.
Keywordslaser radiation propagation channel optical breakdown electrical parameters
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Klimkin, V. A. Pogodaev, and G. S. Evtushenko, Opt. Atm. Okeana, 31, No. 3, 167–171 (2018).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Khan, V. F. Myshkin, V. N. Lenskii, et al., Elektrosvyaz’, 69, No. 8, 39–42 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.I. M. Imyanitov, Instruments and Methods for Studying Electricity in the Atmosphere [in Russian], State Publishing House of Technical and Theoretical Literature, Moscow (1957).Google Scholar
- 5.E. V. Genin, V. A. Donchenko, M. V. Kabanov, et al., Russ. Phys. J., 29, No. 2, 152–156 (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.S. V. Afonin, B. D. Belan, V. V. Grechnev, et al., in: Regional Monitoring of the Atmosphere. Vol. III. Unique Measuring Systems. Collective Monograph, M. V. Kabanov, ed., Publishing House of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Donchenko, M. V. Kabanov, B. V. Kaul, et al., Electrooptical Phenomena in the Atmosphere: A Textbook [in Russian], Publishing House of Scientific and Technology Literature, Tomsk (2015).Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Khan, V. V. Doroshkov, Yu. I. Kulakov, et al., in: Proc. of the 5th All-Russian Conf. on Gas Discharge Physics, Vol. 1, Omsk (1990), pp. 174–175.Google Scholar