Peculiarities of Cherenkov and Transition Radiation in a Finite-Size Absorbing Medium
- 2 Downloads
Based on the equations of macroscopic electrodynamics, the spectral-angular characteristics of electromagnetic radiation are considered, which is generated during the passage of fast, charged particles through a finite-size absorbing medium. The variation in the angular distribution of the radiation overcoming the Cerenkov radiation threshold is investigated, the contribution from the generated transition radiation is analyzed at high particle energies and so are the spectral characteristics of the Cerenkov radiation within the X-ray frequency range.
Keywordstransition radiation Cerenkov radiation X-ray radiation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. L. Ginsburg and I. M. Frank, JETP, 16, 15 (1946).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Machida, J. Chiba, D. Nishimura, et al., in: Proc. 26th Int. Nucl. Phys. Conf. (PoS INPC2016), New Facilities and Instrumentation. Adelaide, Australia, 11–16 September 2016, 084 (2017).Google Scholar
- 6.N. Kuzminchuk-Feuerstein, O. Bogdanov, E. Rozhkova, et al., Nucl. Instr. Meth. Phys. Res. A, 923, 34–37 (2019). https://doi.org/ https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nima.2019.01.023.
- 7.M. L. Ter Mikaelyan, The Influence of a Medium on Electromagnetic Processes at High Energies [in Russian], AN ArmSSR, Erevan (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Bazylev and N. K. Zhevago, Radiation of Fast Particles in Matter and External Fields [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar