Radiative р14N Capture to the Second and Fifth Excited States of 15O
- 3 Downloads
Within the framework of the modified potential cluster model, we have obtained a description of the available experimental data on the astrophysical S-factor of the p14N capture reaction to the second and fifth excited states of the 15O nucleus at 5.24 MeV and 6.86 MeV with J = 5/2+ for proton energies up to 1 MeV. Under the assumption that these excited states are D5/2 levels and that the two resonances at 260 and 987 keV are D scattering waves, we have successfully reproduced the experimental data for the astrophysical S-factor. The calculations were performed in the energy range from 30 keV up to several MeV.
Keywordsnuclear astrophysics light atomic nuclei astrophysical energies elastic scattering p14N system potential description radiative capture total cross sections thermonuclear reactions potential cluster model forbidden states classification of orbital states according to the Young tableaux
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.S. B. Dubovichenko, Thermonuclear Processes in Stars and in the Universe [in Russian], Palmarium Academic Publishing, Saarbrücken (2015); https://www.morebooks.de/store/ru/book/Термоядерные-процессы-в-Звездах/isbn/978-3-659-60165-1.Google Scholar
- 5.S. B. Dubovichenko, Radiative Neutron Capture and Primordial Nucleosynthesis in the Universe [in Russian], Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbrücken (2016); https://www.morebooks.de/store/ru/book/Радиационный-захват-нейтронов/isbn/978-3-659-82490-6.Google Scholar
- 7.V. G. Neudatchin and Yu. F. Smirnov, Nucleon Associations in Light Nuclei [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 9.S. I. Sukhoruchkin and Z. N. Soroko, Excited Nuclear States, Sub. G. Suppl. I/25 A-F, Springer, New York (2016).Google Scholar
- 13.M. P. Avotina and A. V. Zolotavin, Angular Momenta of the Ground States and Excited States of Nuclei [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 14.O. F. Nemets et al., Nucleon Associations in Atomic Nuclei and Nuclear Reactions of Multi-Nucleon Transfers, Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1988).Google Scholar
- 16.S. B. Dubovichenko, Methods of Calculating Nuclear Characteristics. Nuclear and Thermonuclear Processes [in Russian], Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbrücken (2012).Google Scholar