Schottky Diodes on Heterostructures with Two-Dimensional Electron Gas
- 1 Downloads
The results of studies of the characteristics of contacts with Schottky barriers on a pseudomorphic AlGaAs/InGaAs heterostructure are presented. The Ti-based Schottky diodes were created by a standard pHEMT technology. It is shown that the parameters of the fabricated contacts with Schottky barriers are close to the characteristics of ideal contacts based on aluminum or molybdenum created in the process of molecular beam epitaxy. It is also shown that as compared to the diodes based on AlGaAs homostructures, the measured Schottky barrier height is smaller and the ideality factor is higher in diodes created on pseudomorphic heterostructures. Along with the well-known methods for determining the Schottky-barrier height, we tested a technique based on the measurement of the threshold voltage in diodes with a two-dimensional electron gas.
KeywordsAlGaAs/InGaAs heterostructure pHEMT Schottky barrier height ideality factor two-dimensional electron gas
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yasuhiro Nakasha, Yoichi Kawano, Masaru Sato, et al., Fujitsu Sci. Tech. J., 43.4, 486–494 (2007).Google Scholar
- 2.Shinohara Keisuke and Matsui Toshiaki, J. National Institute of Inform. and Commun. Technol., 51, No. 1/2, 95–102 (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.Azlan Abdu I. Aziz and Mohamed Missous, Workshop EDMO, 297–302 (1997).Google Scholar
- 7.L. Dobaczewski, J. M. Langer, and M. Missous, Proc. XXII Int. School of Semiconducting Compounds, Jaszowiec, 84, No. 4, 741–744 (1993).Google Scholar
- 8.K. Okamoto, C. E. C. Wood, and L. F. Eastman, Appl. Phys. Lett., No. 38, 636 (1981).Google Scholar
- 12.V. G. Bozhkov, Metal–Semiconductor Contacts: Physics and Models [in Russian], Publishing House of Tomsk State University, Tomsk (2016).Google Scholar
- 13.L. Gunter, D. Dugas, X. Yang, et al., CS MANTECH Conference, Vancouver (2006).Google Scholar
- 14.S. M. Sze, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, Second edition, Ch. 3, Wiley & Sons (1981).Google Scholar
- 15.http://www.ioffe.ru/NSM Archive Aluminium Gallium Arsenide (AlGaAs)-Band Structure and Carrier Concentration.
- 16.V. G. Bozhkov, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved. Radiofiz., 45, No. 5, 416–426 (2002).Google Scholar
- 20.I. S. Vasil’evskii, A. N. Vinichenko, M. M. Grekhov, et al., Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn., 48, Vyp. 9, 1258–1264 (2014).Google Scholar
- 22.V. G. Bozhkov and A. V. Shmargunov, Proceed. 21-st International Crimean Conf. “Microwave Technology and Telecommunication Technologies”, Weber, Sevastopol, B. 1 (2011).Google Scholar