On the Stability of Nanobubbles in Water
- 1 Downloads
Conditions of stability of charged air nanobubbles in water are considered. Ranges of values of the charge and radius in which coalescence and division predominate are theoretically determined. The stability region is revealed in which the given processes are thermodynamically improbable. A comparison of the theory with the available experiment is performed. Based on the results of our analysis, it is concluded that the main stabilizing factor for nanosized particles is their surface charge.
Keywordsnanobubble solubility of air diffusion time coalescence electrokinetic potential Henry law
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Chaplin, Water Structure and Science, Web site: www1. lsbu.ac.uk/water/water_structure_science.html (2018).Google Scholar
- 4.K. S. Kleppestø, Numerical Investigations on Nanobubble Stability, Master of Science in Physics and Mathematics Thesis, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondeheim (2015).Google Scholar
- 5.S. I. Koshoridze and Yu. K. Levin, Nanosci. Technol. Int. J., 9, No. 1, 1–8 (2018); DOI: https://doi.org/10.1615/NanoSciTechnolIntJ.2018025819.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.A.K. Kikoin and I. K. Kikoin, Molecular Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 7.S. I. Koshoridze and Yu. K. Levin, Nanosci. Technol. Int. J., 5, No. 3, 169–179 (2014).Google Scholar