The Influence of Dimesions and Phase State of Structural Elements on Mechanical Properties of Binary Alloys of the Ti–Nb and Zr–Nb Systems
- 3 Downloads
The results of investigation of the influence of the structural element size and phase state of the Ti – 45 wt.% Nb and Zr – 1 wt.% Nb binary alloys on their mechanical properties are presented. The structural states of the alloys with the structural elements of different dimensions were formed from the ultrafine-grained state via annealing. The curves of dependence of the yield strength and microhardness on the average size of the structural elements, d –1/2, are obtained using the Hall–Petch relation. It is shown that for the Zr – 1 wt.% Nb alloy, the Hall–Petch relation is fulfilled in the entire range of sizes under study, from ultrafine-grained to finegrained states 0.2–1.9 μm. For the Ti – 45 wt.% Nb alloy, in the analysis of the Hall–Petch relationship within the structural element size range 0.43–45 μm, its phase composition is taken into consideration, specifically, the presence of dispersion-strengthened β-phase grains, α-phase subgrains, nonequilibrium nanosized ω- phase, and the bimodal grain-subgrain structure.
KeywordsTi – 45 wt.% Nb and Zr – 1 wt.% Nb alloys microstructure structure elements size yield strength microhardness phase composition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Z. Valiev, A. P. Zhilyaev, and T. G. Langdon, Bulk Nanostructured Materials: Fundamentals and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey (2014).Google Scholar
- 2.R. A. Andrievskii and A. M. Glezer, Phys. Met. Metallogr., 88, No. 1, 45–66 (1999).Google Scholar
- 4.G. Dirras, D. Tingaud, D. Uedа, et al., Mater. Lett., 206, No. 1, 214–216 (2017). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matlet.2017.07.027.
- 10.A. Yu. Eroshenko, I. A. Glukhov, A. Mairambekova, et al., AIP Conf. Proc, 1909, 020046–1-020046–4, AIP Publishing LLC, N. Y. (2017).Google Scholar
- 11.Yu. P. Sharkeev, A. Yu. Eroshenko, P. V. Uvarkin, et al., AIP Conf. Proc, 1783, 020205-1-020205-4, AIP Publishing LLC, N. Y. (2016).Google Scholar
- 13.Standard Test Methods for Determining Average Grain Size Using Semiautomatic and Automatic Image Analysis, ASTM E1382-97(2010).Google Scholar
- 14.E. W. Collings, The Physical Metallurgy of Titanium Alloys, American Society for Metals, Metals Park, OH (1984).Google Scholar
- 15.E. V. Kozlov, A. M. Glezer, N. A. Koneva, et al., Fundamentals of Plastic Deformation of Nanostructured Materials (Ed. A. M. Glezer) [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow (2016).Google Scholar