Polarization of Nucleons in the Deuteron Stripping Reaction on Nuclei
- 1 Downloads
A general analytical expression has been obtained in the diffraction approximation for the polarization of nucleons arising in the deuteron stripping reaction on nuclei at intermediate energies of the incident particles. A tabulated density distribution of the target nucleus and a realistic wave function of the deuteron with correct asymptotic limits at large internucleon distances were used in the calculations. The nucleon-nucleus phase shifts were calculated in the Glauber formalism using the double folding potential. The calculated angular dependences for the vector analyzing power Ay of the reaction 3He(d, p)4He are found to be in satisfactory agreement with the corresponding experimental data.
Keywordsnuclear diffraction polarization of nucleons deuteron stripping double folding potential
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.G. L. Vysotskii and A. G. Sitenko, Sov. Phys. JEТP, 9, No. 4, 812–818 (1959).Google Scholar
- 10.A. M. Baldin, V. I. Gol’danskii, V. M. Maksimenko, and I. L. Rosental’, Kinematics of Nuclear Reactions [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 11.R. W. Nielsen, Nuclear Reaction: Mechanism and Spectroscopy, Griffith University, Australia (2011).Google Scholar
- 12.H. Kamada, T. Uesaka, W. Glöckle, et al., Prog. Theor. Phys. Lett., 104, No. 3, 703–708 (2000).Google Scholar
- 13.D. V. Pyatnytskyi and I. V. Simenog, Ukr. J. Phys., 53, No. 7, 629–639 (2008).Google Scholar