Microstructure of Contact Material Modified by High-Current Vacuum Arc
- 21 Downloads
The paper presents research results into the microstructure of Cu–Cr composite material affected by the highcurrent vacuum arc. The investigation of the electrode cross-sections allows us to emphasize two zones both for anode and cathode: 1) the exposure zone of the vacuum arc and 2) the virgin material. The first zone locates on the surface of electrodes and is just a zone that crystallizes after the electrode melting due to the exposure to the high-current vacuum arc. It is interesting that on anode there appears a narrow, transition layer enriched with chromium nearby the virgin material and with copper in the exposure zone of the vacuum arc. The formation of such a layer on cathode is not observed.
Keywordshigh-current vacuum arc microstructure composite material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.P. G. Slade, IEEE Trans. on CPMT, 17, Part A, 96–106 (1994).Google Scholar
- 5.Li Yu, Jianhua Wang, Yingsan Geng, et al., Proc. 24th Int. Symp. on Discharges and Electrical Insulation in Vacuum, Braunschweig, Germany, (2010), pp. 257–260.Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Schneider, S. A. Popov, V. G., Durakov, et al., Proc. 25th Int. Symp. on Discharges and Electrical Insulation in Vacuum, Tomsk, Russia, (2012), pp. 269–271.Google Scholar
- 7.V. G. Durakov, S. F. Gnyusov, B. V. Dampilon, et al., Proc. 25th Int. Symp. on Discharges and Electrical Insulation in Vacuum, Tomsk, Russia, (2012), pp. 525–528.Google Scholar
- 9.A. V. Schneider, S. A. Popov, and A. V. Batrakov, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., 56, No. 7/2, 373–378 (2013).Google Scholar