Ion Current to a Probe in Collisional Mode Taking Into Account Ionization in Plasma Bulk
- 10 Downloads
Analytical expressions were produced for the space charge sheath thickness and ion current to the sheath in collisional mode in cylindrical geometry. Comparison was performed with numerical solution to Poisson’s equation without dividing into the sheath and the plasma. Approximating formulas were provided for a wide range of pressures.
Keywordsion-atom collisions gas discharge plasma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. M. Zakharova, Yu. M. Kagan, K. M. Mustafin, V. I. Perel, Tech. Phys. [in Russian], 30, Issue 4, 442–449 (1960).Google Scholar
- 3.B. Davydov, L. Zmanovskaya, Tech. Phys. [in Russian], 6, Issue 7, 1244–1255 (1936).Google Scholar
- 4.K. N. Ulyanov, Tech. Phys. [in Russian], 40, Issue 4, 790–797 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Sysun, Probe Methods of Plasma Diagnostics [in Russian], Petrozavodsk University publishing house, Petrozavodsk (1997).Google Scholar
- 6.V. I. Sysun, Plasma Phys. Rep. [in Russian], 4, Issue 4, 931–937 (1978).Google Scholar
- 8.S. V. Bellyustin, J. Exp. Theor. Phys. [in Russian], 9, 840–856 (1939).Google Scholar
- 9.V. G. Drozdov, Tech. Phys. [in Russian], 16, Issue 16, 407–412 (1946).Google Scholar
- 10.V. L. Granovskiy. Electric Current in a Gas. Steady Current [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 11.I. M. Ryzhik, I. S. Gradshteyn, Tables of Integrals, Series, Rows and Products [in Russian], Gostekhizdat, Moscow, Leningrad (1963).Google Scholar
- 14.E. W. McDaniel and E. A. Mason, The Mobility and Diffusion of Ions in Gases, Wiley, New York (1973).Google Scholar