Solid-phase synthesis of boron carbides ReB2C (Re = Ho, Tm, Lu) of rare earth elements
- 1 Downloads
Approaches to solid-phase synthesis of boron carbides of heavy rare-earth elements using the hydride phase have been considered. Synthetic procedures with the use of carbon in the forms of carbon black and pyrographite were tested under atmospheric pressure, in medium and high vacuum. The obtained samples were characterized by X-ray and chemical (elemental) analyzes. A technique for obtaining compact samples of boron carbides of Ho, Tm, and Lu, which are homogeneous in the phase composition, has been developed.
Key wordsboron carbides hydrides rare earth metals boron carbon solid phase synthesis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. V. Samsonov, T. Ya. Kosolapova, G. G. Gnesin, V. B. Fedorus, L. G. Domasevitch, Karbidy i splavy na ih osnove [Carbides and Alloys on Their Basis], Naukova dumka, Kiev, 1976, 267 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 2.G. V. Samsonov, T. I. Serebryakova, V. A. Neronov, Boridy [Borides], Atomizdat, Moscow, 1975, 376 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Hooper, Using Evolutionary Inspired Search Methodologies to Explore Polymorphism or Defect Associations in Materials Design, UOttawa, Ottawa, 2010, 292 pp.Google Scholar
- 6.Handbuchder Präparativen Anorganische Chemie, B. 4, Ed. G. Brauer, Verlag von Ferdinand Enke, 1978, 476 pp.Google Scholar
- 7.B. B. Damaskin, O. A. Petriy, B. I. Podlovchenko, V. A. Safonov, E. V. Stenina, N. V. Fedoroviych, Praktikum po electrokhimii [Practical Training in Electrochemistry], Vysshaya shkola, Moscow, 1991, 376 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 8.A. M. Dymov, Tekhnicheskiy analiz (control khimicheskogo sostava geleznih splavov) [Technical Analysis (Control of the Chemical Composition of Iron Alloys)], Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1954, 338 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 9.A. I. Busev, V. G. Tiptsova, V. M. Ivanov, Rukovodstvo po analiticheskoi khimii redkih elementov [Guide to the Analytical Chemistry of Rare Elements], Khimiya, Moscow, 1978, 432 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 10.M. G. Vasilieva, V. M. Lalykina, N. A. Makharashvili, A. L. Sokolova, V. M. Soifer, N. G. Tskiriya, in Analizy bora i ego neorganicheskih soedineniy [Analysis of Boron and Its Inorganic Compounds], Ed. E. E. Baroni, Atomizdat, Moscow, 1965, p. 268 (in Russian).Google Scholar