Synthesis and nonlinear optical properties of donor-acceptor dyes based on triphenylpyrazolines as a donor block and dicyanoisophorone as acceptor
- 9 Downloads
A series of donor-acceptor dyes based on polyfluoro-substituted triarylpyrazolines (as a donor block) and a dicyanoisophorone group (as an acceptor) were synthesized using the Knoevenagel condensation. The dyes have an absorption in the region of 509–514 nm and intense luminescence at 648–663 nm in chloroform with a large Stokes shift (up to 4410 cm–1). Based on the synthesized dyes, chromophore–polymer (guest–host) films were obtained in a polycarbonate matrix with a chromophore content up to 27 wt.%. Poling of chromophore–polymer films was carried out in an electric field of a corona discharge and the coefficient of nonlinear optical response d33 was measured by the second-harmonic generation method of the fundamental frequency of a Nd-YAG laser (1064 nm). The obtained films have a high initial thermal stability and a nonlinear optical response up to 80 pm V–1, which persists up to 115 °С.
Key wordsdonor-acceptor dyes polyfluoro-substituted triarylpyrazolines dicyanoisophorone luminescence Stokes shift second-order nonlinear optical properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.R. S. Dhivare, S. S. Rajput, Der Pharma Chemica, 2016, 8, 275.Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Y. Lams, P. O. Nkeonye, K. A. Bello, M. K. Yakubu, A. O. Lawal, J. Textiles, 2014, Article ID 460794, 8 pp.Google Scholar
- 12.P. S. Patil, V. M. Bhumannavar, M. S. Bannur, H. N. Kulkarni, G. Bhagavannarayana, J. Cryst. Proc. Tech., 2013, 3, 108.Google Scholar
- 14.K. D. Еrin, I. Yu. Каrgapolova, N. А. Оrlova, V. V. Shelkovnikov, in Mater. Ob´edinennoi Mezhdunar. Konferenzyi po Organicheskoi Khimii "Baikalskie chteniya-2017" [Proc. United Intern. Conference on Organic Chemistry "Baikal Reading-2017"] (Irkutsk, 27 August–2 September 2017), Irkutsk, 2017, p. 129 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 15.V. V. Shelkovnikov, I. Yu. Каrgapolova, А. М. Маksimov, N. А. Оrlova, in Mater. Ob´edinennoi Mezhdunar. Konferenzyi po Organicheskoi Khimii "Baikalskie chteniya-2017" [Proc. United Intern. Conference on Organic Chemistry "Baikal Reading-2017"] (Irkutsk, 27 August–2 September 2017), Irkutsk, 2017, p. 189 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 16.K. D. Еrin, I. Yu. Каrgapolova, N. А. Оrlova, V. V. Shelkovnikov, in Mater. Vserossiiskoi Nauchnoi Konferenzyi "Sovremennye Problemy Organicheskoi Khimii" [Proc. Of All- Russian Scient. Conf. "Modern Problems of Organic Chemistry"] (Novosibirsk, 5–9 June 2017), Novosibirsk, 2017, p. 181 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 21.S. Ermer, S. M. Lovejoy, D. S. Leung, H. Warren, Chem. Mater., 1997, 1437.Google Scholar
- 22.J. R. Lakowicz, Principles of Fluorescence Spectroscopy, Plenum Press, New York, 496 pp.Google Scholar
- 24.J. L. Oudar, D. S. Chemla, J. Chem. Phys., 66, 2664.Google Scholar