Synthesis, properties, and antianemic activity of new metal complexes of sodium pectinate with iron and calcium
- 8 Downloads
A new water-soluble complex based on sodium pectinate with iron and calcium (P-NaFeCa) was synthesized. The regularities of the complexation of sodium pectinate (with a 35% content of COONa groups) with biogenic metals Ca and Fe were studied. The content of macro- and microelements was determined by atomic emission spectrometry; the product was identified by IR spectroscopy. Using atomic force microscopy, it was found that the average particle size of P-NaFeCa is ~170 nm. The efficiency of P-NaFeCa (per os) was studied for the first time in animals with hemolytic anemia modeled by administration of phenylhydrazine. It was experimentally shown that in vivo P-NaCaFe at a dose of 60 mg kg–1 containing 50% of the recommended therapeutic dose of iron helps to recover the number of erythrocytes and mean concentration hemoglobin in erythrocyte, which indicates the efficiency of P-NaCaFe as an agent restoring the blood parameters after exposure to hemolytic poisons.
Key wordscitrus pectin sodium pectinate iron calcium complexation IR spectroscopy atomic force microscopy antianemic activity hemolytic phenylhydrazine anemia
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pectins and Pectinases, Eds J. Visser, A. G. Voragen, Elsevier Sci., Amsterdam, 1996, 990 pp.Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. S. Ovodov, V. V. Golovchenko, E. A. Gunter, S. V. Popov, Pektinovyye veshchestva rasteniy Yevropeyskogo severa Rossii [Pectin Substances of Plants of the European North of Russia], UrO RAN, Ekaterinburg, 2009, 110 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 13.L. V. Donchenko, G. G. Firsov, Pektin: osnovnye svoystva, proizvodstvo i primenenie [Pectin: Basic Properties, Production and Application], DeLi, Moscow, 2007, 276 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 14.Pectins and Their Manipulation, Eds G. B. Seymour, J. P. Knox, USA Canada CRC Press, 2002, 250 pp.Google Scholar
- 22.M. P. Filippov, Infrakrasnye spektry pektinovykh veshchestv [Infrared Spectra of Pectic Substances], Stinitsa, Kishinev, 1978, 76 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 23.World Health Organization. Reducing salt intake in populations: Report of a WHO forum and technical meeting, World Health Organization Press, Geneva, 2007.Google Scholar
- 25.Rukovodstvo po provedeniyu doklinicheskikh issledovaniy lekarstvennykh sredstv. Chast´ pervaya [Guidelines for Conducting Preclinical Studies of Drugs. Part One], Ed. A. N. Mironov, Grif and K, Moscow, 2012, 944 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar