Macromolecular systems and nanocomposites based on N-succinylchitosan and silver nanoparticles
A water-soluble chitosan derivative, namely, N-succinylchitosan (NS-Chit), was used as a matrix for the formation of silver nanoparticles (AgNP) by metal ion re duction under influence of microwave irradiation in the presence of D-glucose as a reducing agent. The electron plasmon resonance spectra (λmax = 410 nm) obtained for the irradiated solutions were typical of spherical silver nanoparticles. The in vitro tests confirmed a high bactericidal activity of the colloidal solution containing AgNP in a NS-Chit polymer matrix against strains of grampositive bacteria, namely, Bacillus subtillus (ATCC 6633), B. coagulans (429), and Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC 21027).
Key wordschitosan silver nanoparticles spectrophotometry TEM microwave irradiation bactericidal activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.M. V. Kiryukhin, B. M. Sergeev, V. G. Sergeyev, A. N. Prusov, Polym. Sci. B, 2000, 42,158.Google Scholar
- 9.S. Yu. Bratskaya, A. V. Pestov, Khelatiruyushchie proizvodnye khitozana [Chelating Derivatives of Chitosan], Dal´nauka, Vladivostok, 2016, 229 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 10.D. Elich, A. Komi, M. Hamblin, Int. J. Adv. Res., 2016, 4,411.Google Scholar
- 12.B. M. Sergeev, M. V. Kiryukhin, F. N. Bakhov, V. G. Sergeev, Vestn. MGU, Ser. 2, Khimiya, 2001, 42, 308 [Moscow Univ. Chem. Bull., Ser. Khim. (Engl. Transl.), 2001, 42].Google Scholar
- 14.A. G. Pomogaylo, G. I. Dzhardimalieva, Metallopolimernye gibridnye nanokompozity [Metal-Polymer Hybrid Nano composites], Nauka, Moscow, 2015, 494 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 15.G. Schimmel´, Metodika elektronnoy mikroskopii [Elect ron Microscopy Procedure], Mir, Moscow, 1972, 300 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar