A study on the synthesis of alkaline copper(III)-periodate (DPC) complex with an overview of its redox behavior in aqueous micellar media
- 32 Downloads
In the present study the copper(III)-periodate (DPC) has been synthesized in an alkaline medium. The stability of this complex is significantly dependent on the pH of the medium; studies reported its stability in alkaline media. The stability of DPC was investigated in different surfactant media for the first time. The + 3 oxidation state of copper is very useful for its high potential value and thus a representative electron transfer reaction between long chain alcohol (1-pentanol) and Cu(III) complex was monitored.
KeywordsOxidation 1-Pentanol Copper(III)-periodate (DPC) Micellar catalysis
The authors acknowledge The University of Burdwan for providing the infrastructural facilities and the lab members for constant support and CSIR-UGC, India for providing funds.
- 3.M.C. Linder, M. Hazegh-Azam, Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 63, 797S (1996)Google Scholar
- 10.G.P. Lepnev, A.V. Kaverin, Zhurnal Neorganicheskoj Khimii; ISSN 0044-457X; Worldcat; CODEN ZNOKAQ; 44, 467 (1999)Google Scholar
- 21.X.H. Wei, D.R. Cao, S.F. Dong, Guangzhou Chem. 3, 22 (2003)Google Scholar
- 26.W.L.F. Armarego, D.D. Perrin, Purification of Laboratory Chemicals (Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, 1997)Google Scholar
- 28.G.H. Jeffery, J. Bassett, J. Mendham, R.C. Denney, Vogel’s Textbook of Quantitative Chemical Analysis, 5th edn. (ELBS, Longman, 1996)Google Scholar
- 31.J. Shan, X. Wang, H. Shen, Asian J. Chem. 23, 180 (2011)Google Scholar