Nano-Fe3O4@SiO2–TiCl3 as a novel nano-magnetic catalyst for the synthesis of 4H-pyrimido[2,1-b]benzothiazoles
- 56 Downloads
Fe3O4@SiO2–TiCl3 NPs, a novel core shell catalyst, was synthesized via preparing Fe3O4@SiO2 as a magnetic support followed by treatment with titanium tetrachloride (TiCl4). The structure, morphology and magnetic properties of this catalyst were recognized by different techniques including Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, field emission scanning electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, vibrating sample magnetometry as well as thermo-gravimetric analysis. To consider the catalytic activity of this magnetic catalyst, it was used in a multicomponent reaction between 2-aminobenzothiazole, aldehydes and ethyl acetoacetate to synthesize 4H-pyrimido[2,1-b]benzothiazole derivatives. Our results indicated that the compounds were synthesized with high yield and purity in a short reaction time. Furthermore, the obtained results indicated that this catalyst can be reused for at least three times without no significant change in the efficiency.
KeywordsNano-Fe3O4@SiO2–TiCl3 4H-pyrimido[2,1-b]benzothiazole Solid acid catalyst Solvent free condition Multicomponent reaction
The Research Council of Yazd University is gratefully acknowledged for the financial support for this work.
- 5.S. Nalawade, V. Deshmukh, S. Chaudhari, J. Pharm. Res. 7, 433 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.M.S. Chaitanya, G. Nagendrappa, V.P. Vaidya, J. Chem. Pharm. Res. 2, 206 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.M. N. Bhoi, M. A. Borad, E. A. Pithawala, H.D. Patel, Arab. J. Chem. (2016) (in press)Google Scholar
- 15.P.K. Sahu, P.K. Sahu, R. Jain, R. Yadav, D.D. Agarwal, Catal. Sci. Technol. 2, 2465 (2012)Google Scholar
- 20.R. Hudson, V. Chazelle, M. Bateman, R. Roy, C.J. Li, A. Moores, A.C.S. Sustain, Chem. Eng. 3, 814 (2015)Google Scholar