A facile greener synthesis, antimicrobial evaluation and molecular modelling of new 4-aryl-2-(3-(2-(trifluoromethyl)phenyl)-1,8-naphthyridin-2-yl)phthalazin-1(2H)-one derivatives
- 17 Downloads
The synthesis of 4-aryl-2-(3-(2-(trifluoromethyl)phenyl)-1,8-naphthyridin-2-yl)phthalazin-1(2H)-ones was performed by cyclization of 2-hydrazinyl-3-(2-(trifluoromethyl)phenyl)-1,8-naphthyridine with 2-aroylbenzoic acids in ethanol containing a catalytic amount of concentrated sulfuric acid under solid state conditions. All these synthesized compounds (8a–h) were screened for their in vitro antibacterial activity against gram-positive bacteria such as (Staphylococcus aureus) and gram-negative bacteria (Escherichia coli) and also evaluated for their antifungal activity against Aspergillus Niger and Helmenthosphorium oryzae fungal strains. Some of the products demonstrate good antibacterial activity and moderate antifungal activity. In predominantly, 8b, 8d, 8g, and 8h compounds showed good to excellent antibacterial and antifungal activities. The antimicrobial activity of the compound 8 was further investigated with the help of in LibDock score docking study to predict the active sites.
KeywordsGreener chemistry 1,8-Naphthyridines Biological activity Molecular docking
The authors are thankful to the Head, Department of Chemistry, Osmania University, for providing laboratory facilities and constant encouragement, and are also thankful to the Directors, IICT, CFRD-OU-Hyderabad, for providing spectral and analytical data of the synthesized compounds. One of the authors (Dharavath Ravi) is thankful to the UGC-SRF New-Delhi, India, for the financial support.
- 1.T.W. Chu Daniel, K. Claibore Akiyo, J. Heterocycl. Chem. 27, 1191 (1990)Google Scholar
- 16.H. Graf, L. Franz, H. Sauter, E. Ammermann, E-H. Pommer, U.S. Patent, 4,801,592, 31 January 1989Google Scholar
- 17.C. Cotrel, C. Guyon, G. Roussel, G. Taurand, U.S. Patent, 4,753,933, 28 June 1988Google Scholar
- 18.G.G. Berest, A.Y. Voskoboynic, S.I. Kovalenko, R.S. Sinyak, I.V. Omelchenko, O.V. Shishkin, E.Z. Komarovska-Porokhnyavets, V.P. Novikov, J. Org. Pharm. Chem. 8, 42 (2010)Google Scholar
- 22.P. Muthumani, R. Meera, A.K. George, P. Devi, N. Chidambaranathan, Int. J. Inst. Pharm. Life Sci. 2(2), 18 (2012)Google Scholar
- 23.K.S. Vijay, B. Dinesh, L.J. Jawahar, L.T. Ganpat, ARKIVOK 14, 133 (2006)Google Scholar
- 39.H.J. Benson, Microbiological Applications (WC Brown Publications, Houston, 1990), p. 134Google Scholar
- 42.M.A. EL-Hashasha, S.A. Rizk, D.B. Guirguis, L.A. Guirguis, S.M. Khairy, J. Pharm. Sci. Bio Sci. Res. 7(3), 225 (2017)Google Scholar