Modeling of the Optical Properties of Vermiculite-Sungulite Conglomerates Subject to Thermal Activation in Electric Furnaces
This paper reviews the fundamentals of the technology and theory of the process of thermal activation of vermiculite-sungulite conglomerates contained in the waste of the Kovdor phlogopite-vermiculite field. An analytical physical model has been developed to describe a single-layer flow of vermiculite-sungulite conglomerate vibro-transported in a thermal field using a vibration hearth platform of an electric furnace. The absorptivity and reflectivity of a dense single-layer array of the processed conglomerate located on a plane under thermal radiation conditions have been determined. Using sungulite, pyroxene, olivine, and a number of other minerals, the correlation of their absorptivity with relative thermal diffusivity and thermal conductivity was demonstrated.
Keywordsvermiculite-sungulite conglomerate pyroxene-olivine rock absorptivity reflectivity analytical-physical model
- 1.Russian Federation patent RU 166544, Int. Cl. F 27 B 9/06. Electric furnace with vibration hearth platform, A. I. Nizhegorodov; applicant and patent holder: FGBOU VO “IRNITU”, No. 2015155496/02; filing date: December 23, 2015; publication date: November 27, 2016; Bulletin No. 33.Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Nizhegorodov, A. V. Zvezdin, and T. B. Bryanskikh, Analytical model of vermiculite absorptivity and reflectivity under thermal radiation, Novye Ogneupory, No. 1, 15 – 20 (2017).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Sh. Gershenkop, M. S. Khokhulya, and O. N. Krasheninnikov, Extraction of vermiculite concentrate from vermiculite ore refinement tailings and its use in heat-resistant concrete, Gornyi Zhurnal, No. 11, 57 – 59 (2011).Google Scholar
- 4.I. P. Kremenetskaya, A. T. Belyaevskii, T. N. Vasilyeva, et al., Amorphization of serpentine minerals in the magnesia-silica reagent production technology for immobilization of heavy metals, Khimiya v Interesakh Ustoichivogo Razvitiya, No. 18, 41 – 49 (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.I. P. Kremenetskaya, O. P. Korytnaya, and T. N. Vasilyeva, Reagent for immobilization of heavy metals from serpentine-containing overburden rocks, Vodoochistka. Vodopodgotovka. Vodosnabzhenie, No. 4, 33 – 40 (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.S. V. Tereshchenko, I. P. Kremenetskaya, S. A. Alekseeva, et al., Directions of complex utilization of phlogopite extraction waste, Ecological development strategy of the mining industry: reports of the All-Russ. Sci. Eng. Conf., 2 volumes, RAN, Institute of the Kola Science Center, Apatity, Renome, St. Petersburg, Vol. 1, 272 – 279 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.A. I. Nizhegorodov, Using and assessing energy efficiency of electrical ovens with unit-type releasing intended for thermal energization of sungulite-vermiculite conglomerates, IOP Conf. Series: materials science and engineering, Vol. 110 (2016), Article 012014. DOI https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/110/1/012014.
- 8.V. S. Telegin, V. S. Shvydkii, and Yu. G. Yaroshenko, Heat and mass transfer, IKTs “Akademkniga”, Moscow (2002), 455 p.Google Scholar
- 9.Physical properties of rocks and minerals (petrophysics); reference book for geophysics; ed. by N. B. Dortman, Nedra, Moscow (1984), 455 p.Google Scholar
- 10.Ye. I. Kazantsev, Commercial furnaces: reference manual for calculations and design, Metallurgia, Moscow (1975), 368 p.Google Scholar
- 11.M. A. Mikheyev and I. M. Mikheyeva, Fundamentals of heat transfer, Energiya, Moscow (1977), 344 p.Google Scholar
- 12.R. Siegel and J. Howell, Radiation heat transfer, Mir, Moscow (1975), 935 p.Google Scholar
- 13.M. A. Mikheyev and I. M. Mikheyeva, Fundamentals of heat transfer, Energiya, Moscow (1977), 344 p.Google Scholar
- 14.Emissivity factors of selected surfaces [Electronic resource]. Available at: http://www.chipinfo.pro/infos/emissivity.shtm (December 22, 2016).