Design of the Ceramic-Bladed End Milling Cutters with Regard for Their Stress-Strain State for the Innovation Technological Processes. Choice of Ceramics. Part 1
- 1 Downloads
We show the applicability of the method of designing ceramic tools based on the analysis of their stress-strain state in the choice of ceramics used for the creation of ceramic end milling cutters. We present the relationship between the properties of Al2O3 and Si3N4 ceramics and temperature, displacements, and stresses formed in the cutting edge of the ceramics cutter under the conditions of nonstationary thermoelasticity.
Keywordsdesign ceramic end milling cutter Al2O3-ceramics Si3N4-ceramics heat flux crooked space surfaces (CSS) nonstationary thermoelasticity
The present work was supported by the Grant of the Russian Scientific Foundation (Project No. 18-19-00599).
- 1.Yu. V. Maksimov, A. R. Abramova, D. L. Kuz’minskii, et al., “On the problem of guaranteeing the quality of processing of workpieces with complex shapes on lathes with variable elements,” Izv. MGTU MAMI, 2(1), 168 – 174 (2012).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Makarov, “Multicoordinate or multisurface processing of metals,” Ritm, No. 52, 32 – 35 (2010).Google Scholar
- 3.S. V. Lukina and I. V. Manaenkov, “Improvement of the efficiency of the multicoordinate milling of spatially complex surfaces on CNC machines,” Izv. MGTU MAMI, 2, No. 2, 8 – 129 (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.A. S. Vereshchaka, V. N. Anikin, and V. V. Kuzin, “Elevation of the productivity of monolithic hard-alloyed tools by the application of coatings,” in: New Structures and Promising Technologies of Production of Tools [in Russian], Kharkov Polytekh. Institute, Kharkov (1984), pp. 306 – 310.Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Kuzin, “Study of high-speed cutting with ceramic tools,” Russian Engineer. Research, 24(3), 40 – 46 (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.V. P. Zhed’, G. V. Borovskii, Ya. A. Muzykant, et al., Cutting Tools Equipped with Superhard and Ceramic Materials and Their Application [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1987), 320 pp.Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Kuzin, S. I. Dos’ko, V. F. Popov, et al., “Tooling for highspeed cutting,” Russian Engineer. Research, 25(9), 20 – 25 (2005).Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Kuzin, “A methodological approach to the improvement of the workability of ceramic tools,” Vestn. Mashinostr., No. 9, 87 – 88 (2006).Google Scholar
- 11.GOST 18372–73. Hard-Alloy End Milling Cutters. Specifications.Google Scholar
- 16.V. V. Kuzin, Tools with Ceramic Cutting Plates [in Russian], Yanus-K, Moscow (2006).Google Scholar