Observation of the Second Mode of the Multipactor Discharge in Crossed Fields
- 4 Downloads
We detect the second discharge mode in the process of experimental studies of a one-sided multipactor discharge in crossed fields (microwave electric field and magnetostatic field) in the three-centimeter wavelength band in a rectangular waveguide and a cylindrical resonator cavity. In accordance with the theory, the intensity of the discharge at the second mode was slightly lower than that at the fundamental mode. However, it is still sufficient for initiation of microwave breakdowns, absorption of a significant fraction of the radiation power, and modification of the resonance frequency of the cavity.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S.Brown, Elementary Processes in Gas Discharge Plasma [Russian transl.], Gosatomizdat, Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.I. N. Slivkov, Processes Under High Voltage in Vacuum [in Russian], Energoatomizdat, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.D. A. Ganichev, S.A. Fridrikhov, B. M. Ashkinadze, and A.B. Solgan, Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 35, No. 5, 813 (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.D. A. Ganichev, V.A. Filatov, and S.A. Fridrikhov, Radiotekh. Élektron., 17, No. 8, 1639 (1972).Google Scholar
- 10.A. F. Aleksandrov, L.G.Blyakhman, S.Yu. Galuzo, and V. E. Nechaev, Relativistic High-Frequency Electronics [in Russian], No. 3, IAP RAS Publ., Gorky (1983), p. 219.Google Scholar
- 11.E.V. Ilyakov, I. S. Kulagin, and A. S. Shevchenko, Vacuum Science and Engineering. Proc. XXIV Scient. Techn. Conf., 16–23 September, 2017, Sudak, p. 85.Google Scholar
- 12.E. V. Ilyakov, I. S.Kulagin, and I.P. Li, Vacuum Science and Engineering. Proc. XXII Scient. Techn. Conf., 26 September–4 October, 2015, Feodosia, p. 41.Google Scholar
- 13.N. I. Zaitsev, E. V. Ilyakov, Yu.K.Kovneristy, et al. Pribory i Tekh. Éksp., No. 2, 153 (1992).Google Scholar
- 14.I. M. Bronshtein and B. S. Fraiman, Secondary Electron Emission [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 15.G.Bryuning, Physics and Application of Secondary Electron Emission [in Russian], Sov. Radio, Moscow (1958).Google Scholar
- 17.N.V. Cherepnin, Sorption Phenomena in Vacuum Engineering [in Russian], Sov. Radio, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 20.V. S.Polyakov, I.P. Li, A. D. Silaev, and N. E.Kharitonova, Vacuum Science and Engineering. Proc. XIX Scient. Techn. Conf., 15–24 September 2012, Sudak, p. 210.Google Scholar