Exploring the quantitive relationship between economic benefit and environmental constraint using an inexact chance-constrained fuzzy programming based industrial structure optimization model
- 84 Downloads
Industrial structure optimization model can effectively support sustainable economic development. This study firstly summarized four types existing industrial structure optimization models. Based on reviews of these models, this study proposed an inexact chance-constrained fuzzy programming model for industrial structure optimization. This model has three features: (1) the model considers many social economic and ecological environment factors which can provide various of sustainable development strategies; (2) the model considers three uncertainties which are discrete intervals, fuzzy sets and probabilities; therefore, the model can reflect uncertain features of the industrial structure system without excessive hypothesis; (3) the model can effectively reflect the quantitive relationship between economic benefit increasing and ecological environmental cost retardant in the industrial system. The proposed model is applied to industrial structure optimization of Hefeng County, Hubei Province, China. The results provided a series of desired industrial structure patterns and environmental emission scenarios under uncertainty which could help government and industry decision makers in the study area to formulate appropriate industrial policies which could balance the social economic development and ecological environment protection. The modelling results can support quantity and deeply analysis of industrial structure patterns and trade-off between economical development and ecological environment protection.
KeywordsIndustrial structure optimization Inexact chance-constrained fuzzy programming Economic benefit Ecological environmental protection Hefeng County
This research was supported by the program of technical innovation project of Hubei Province (Project No. 2017ABA160), Hubei Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China (Project No. 2016CFB207), National 985 Project of Non-traditional Security at Huazhong University of Science and Technology, National Natural Science Foundation of China (Project Nos. 41401631, 71774066), the Open issues of Wuhan Research Institute (IWHS20172019), the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China (Project No. CSD17016) and Humanity and Social Science Foundation of Ministry of Education of China (Project No. 13YJC630115). The authors deeply appreciate the reviewers/editor’ comments, which have contributed much to improving the manuscript.
- Azadeh, A., Ghaderi, S.F., Mirjalili, M., Moghaddam, M., Haghighi, S.M.: Optimization of human resources and industrial banks with ambiguous inputs using intelligent fuzzy mathematical programming approach. J. Sci. Ind. Res. 74, 545–554 (2015)Google Scholar
- Li, N., Yang, H., Wang, L., Huang, X., Zeng, C., Wu, H., Ma, X., Song, X., Wei, Y.: Optimization of industry structure based on water environmental carrying capacity under uncertainty of the Huai River Basin within Shandong Province, China. J. Clean. Prod. 112, 4594–4604 (2016)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Ou, G.L., Tan, S.K., Zhou, M., Lu, S.S., Tao, Y.H., Zhang, Z., Zhang, L., Yan, D.P., Guan, X.L., Wu, G.: An interval chance-constrained fuzzy modeling approach for supporting land-use planning and eco-environment planning at a watershed level. J. Environ. Manag. 204, 651–666 (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Wang, Y.: Multi-objective optimization model building and development on international metropolis tourism industry structure. In: 2015 Seventh International Conference on Measuring Technology and Mechatronics Automation (ICMTMA). IEEE, pp. 670–673 (2015)Google Scholar
- Wang, Q., Wei, X., Zha, J., Xi, S.: Research on the optimization of industrial structure in Shaanxi Province Based on DEA model. In: International Conference on Economics, Finance and Statistics (2017)Google Scholar
- Xiong, L., Jiang, M., Niu, L.Y., Liu, B.: Study on industrial structure evolutionary of central Yunnan economic zone in China—analysis based on industrial structure conversion coefficient and GIS spacial analysis method. In: 2014 7th International Conference on IEEE Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation (ICICTA), pp. 701–704 (2014)Google Scholar
- Yan, S.: Analysis on the optimization effects of logistics industry development to China’s industrial structure. Contemp. Logist. 14, 3–8 (2014)Google Scholar
- Zhang, J., Liu, G.D., Guo, H., Liu, L., Deng, S.H.: Application the optimization models to analysis of the industrial pollutant emission in China. Environ. Prot. Eng. 39, 87–99 (2013)Google Scholar