Exact tail asymptotics for fluid models driven by an M/M/c queue
- 111 Downloads
In this paper, we investigate exact tail asymptotics for the stationary distribution of a fluid model driven by the M / M / c queue, which is a two-dimensional queueing system with a discrete phase and a continuous level. We extend the kernel method to study tail asymptotics of its stationary distribution, and a total of three types of exact tail asymptotics are identified from our study and reported in the paper.
KeywordsFluid queue driven by an M / M / c queue Kernel method Exact tail asymptotics Stationary distribution Asymptotic analysis
Mathematics Subject Classification60K25 60J27 30E15 05A15
This research was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grants 11571372, 11771452), Natural Science Foundation of Hunan (Grant Nos. 2018JJ4357, 2017JJ2328), and a Discovery Grant by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC).
- 4.Dai, H., Dawson, D.A., Zhao, Y.Q.: Kernel method for stationary tails: from discrete to continuous. In: Dawson, D., Kulik, R., Ould Haye, M., Szyszkowicz, B., Zhao, Y.Q. (eds.) Asymptotic Laws and Methods in Stochastics. Fields Institute Communications, vol. 37, pp. 54–60. Springer, New York (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Knuth, D.E.: The Art of Computer Programming, Fundamental Algorithms, 2nd edn. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1969)Google Scholar
- 17.Liu Y., Li Y.: \(V\)-uniform ergodicity for fluid queues. Appl. Math. A J. Chin. Univ. (2018, To appear)Google Scholar
- 19.Meyn, S.P., Tweedie, R.L.: A survey of Foster-Lyapunov technique for general state space Markov processes. Proceedings of Workshop Stochastic Stability and Stochastic Stabilization 1, 1–13 (1998)Google Scholar
- 25.van Doorn, E.A., Scheinhardt, W.R.W.: A fluid queue driven by an infinite-state birth-death process. In: Proceedings of the 15th International Teletraffic Congress: Teletraffic Contribution for the Information Age, pp. 467–475. Elsevier, Washington (1997)Google Scholar