Theoretical investigations of quantum correlations in NMR multiple-pulse spin-locking experiments
Quantum correlations are investigated theoretically in a two-spin system with the dipole–dipole interactions in the NMR multiple-pulse spin-locking experiments. We consider two schemes of the multiple-pulse spin-locking. The first scheme consists of \(\pi /2\)-pulses only and the delays between the pulses can differ. The second scheme contains \(\varphi \)-pulses (\(0<\varphi <\pi \)) and has equal delays between them. We calculate entanglement for both schemes for an initial separable state. We show that entanglement is absent for the first scheme at equal delays between \(\pi /2\)-pulses at arbitrary temperatures. Entanglement emerges after several periods of the pulse sequence in the second scheme at \(\varphi =\pi /4\) at milliKelvin temperatures. The necessary number of the periods increases with increasing temperature. We demonstrate the dependence of entanglement on the number of the periods of the multiple-pulse sequence. Quantum discord is obtained for the first scheme of the multiple-pulse spin-locking experiment at different temperatures.
KeywordsQuantum correlations Entanglement Quantum discord Multiple-pulse spin locking Floquet Hamiltonian
The work is supported by Russian Foundation of Basic Research (Grant No. 16-03-00056) and the Program of the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences No. 5 “Electron spin resonance, spin-dependent electron effects and spin technologies”.
- 1.Haeberlen, U.: Multiple pulse techniques in solid state NMR. Magn. Res. Rev. 10, 81 (1985)Google Scholar
- 4.Ernst H., Fenzke D., Heink W.: Damping of Multiple Spin Echoes in Solids. First Specialized Collîque AMPERE. Krakow, Institute of Nuclear Physics, 122 (1973)Google Scholar
- 5.Yerofeev, L.N., Shumm, B.A., Manelis, G.B.: Nuclear magnetization relaxation in a multipulse NMR experiment. Zhurnal Eksperimentalnoi i Teoreticheskoi Fiziki 75(5), 1837 (1978)Google Scholar
- 6.Ivanov, Y.N., Provotorov, B.N., Feldman, E.B.: Thermodynamic theory of NMR spectral-line narrowing in solids. Zhurnal Experimentalnoi i Theoreticheskoi Fiziki 75(5), 1847 (1978)Google Scholar
- 9.Goldman, M.: Spin Temperature and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance in Solids. Chapters 1, 2. Clarendon Press, Oxford (1970)Google Scholar
- 16.Abragam, A., Goldman, M.: Nuclear Megnetism: Order and Disorder. Chapter 8. Clarendon Press, Oxford (1982)Google Scholar
- 21.Bera A., Das T., Sadhukhan D., Roy S. S., Sen(De) A., Sen U.: Quantum Discord and its allies: a review of recent progress. Reports on Progress in Physics accepted, https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6633/aa872f
- 28.Chernyavskiy A. Y.: Calculation of quantum discord and entanglement measures using the random mutations optimization algorithm. arXiv:1304.3703