Insulin Preparation for Blood Glucose-Level Regulation
- 3 Downloads
A new approach for delivering insulin into the bloodstream through the gastrointestinal system after peroral administration of diluted insulin solutions to animals with experimental diabetes was studied. It was shown that such solutions provided a physiological pathway for delivering insulin into the bloodstream.
Keywordsinsulin diabetes mellitus peroral administration diluted solutions
We thank sincerely Academicians I. I. Dedov and A. I. Grigor’ev for helping to organize the animal work. The work was financially supported under a State Task for IPCS, RAS, from FASO Russia (topic 3, scientific direction No. 45, state registration AAAA-A18-118011990207-1).
- 2.P. J. Watkins, ABC of Diabetes, BMJ Publishing Group, London, 2003 [Russian translation, BINOM, Moscow, 2006, pp. 40 – 48].Google Scholar
- 3.N. A. Plate, L. K. Starosel’tseva, L. I. Valuev, et al., Khim.-farm. Zh., 40(4), 105 – 108 (2006); Pharm. Chem. J., 40(4), 224 – 227 (2006).Google Scholar
- 4.L. K. Starosel’tseva, L. I. Valuev, et al., RU Pat. No. 2,519,099, May 20, 2014; Byull. Izobret., No. 16 (2014).Google Scholar
- 5.N. V. Lazarev and E. N. Levina (eds.), Hazardous Substances in Industry [in Russian], Vol. 1, Khimiya, Moscow, 1976, pp. 409 – 410.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Murray, D. Grenner, P. Mayes, and V. Rodwell, Harper’s Biochemistry, Appleton & Lange, California, 1988 [Russian translation, Mir, Moscow, 1993, pp. 247 – 254].Google Scholar