Synthesis of C5-C6 Derivatives of 1,3-Dimethyl-5-Fluorouracil and 5-Fluorouracil. Screening for Antiviral Activity
- 5 Downloads
5-Chloro-5-fluoro-6-alkoxypyrimidines were synthesized via Cl2 chlorination of 5-fluorouracil and 1,3-dimethyl-5-fluorouracil in various alcohols and were screened for antiviral activity. High antiviral activity was found for 5-chloro-5-fluoro-6-hydroxy-5,6-dihydrouracil against RS virus and human flu viruses A/H3N2 and A/H1N1pdm09.
Keywords5-fluorouracil 5-chloro-5-fluoro-6-hydroxy-5,6-dihydrouracil antiviral activity
The work was performed on State Task Topic “Synthesis of biologically active heterocyclic and diterpenoid compounds” No. AAAA-A17 – 117011910025. Spectral and quantum-chemical parts used equipment at the Khimiya CUC, UfIC, RAS.
- 1.V. G. Kasradze, I. B. Ignat’eva, R. A. Khusnutdinov, et al., Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 7, 1095 – 1106 (2012); V. G. Kasradze, I. B. Ignatyeva, R. A. Khusnutdinov, et al., Chem. Heterocycl. Compd., 48, 1018 – 1027 (2012).Google Scholar
- 2.I. B. Chernikova, S. L. Khursan, L. V. Spirikhin, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 11, 2445 – 2453 (2013); I. B. Chernikova, S. L. Khursan, L. V. Spirikhin, et al., Russ. Chem. Bull., 62, 2445 – 2453 (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.I. B. Chernikova and M. S. Yunusov, Butlerovskie Soobshch., 43, 37 – 39 (2015).Google Scholar
- 6.I. B. Chernikova, L. V. Spirikhin, and M. S. Yunusov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., No. 2, 281 – 284 (2017); I. B. Chernikova, L. V. Spirikhin, and M. S. Yunusov, Chem. Nat. Compd., 53, 714 – 716 (2017).Google Scholar
- 9.M. J. Frisch, G. W. Trucks, H. B. Schlegel, et al., Gaussian 09, Revision C.1, Gaussian, Inc., Wallingford, CT, 2009; http: //gaussian.com/10. A. D. Becke, J. Chem. Phys., 98, 5648 – 5652 (1993).
- 14.A. A. Sominina, E. I. Burtseva, et al., Methodical Recommendations. Isolation of Flu Viruses in Cell Cultures and Chick Embryos and Their Identification [in Russian], St. Petersburg, 2006, p. 24.Google Scholar
- 16.A. N. Mironov, et al. (eds.), Handbook for Preclinical Drug Trials [in Russian], Part 1, Moscow, 2012, pp. 525 – 548.Google Scholar