Physicochemical Properties of the Original Antidepressant GSB-106 and Development of a Method for the Analysis of GSB-106 Substance
Studies at the V. V. Zakusov Science Research Institute of Pharmacology have worked on the basis of the β-pleated structure of loop 4 of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) to construct its dimeric peptide mimetic - GSB-106, bis-(N-monosuccinyl-L-serine-L-lysine) hexamethylenediamide. GSB-106 is being developed as an antidepressant with a BDNF-ergic mechanism of action. We report here studies of the physicochemical properties of GSB-106 and development of a method for analysis of GSB-106 substance. The main pharmacopeia quality indicators were determined and IR and NMR spectra were obtained from samples of substance. A method was developed for detecting contaminants in substance using TLC and HPLC.
KeywordsGSB-106 BDNF mimetics pharmaceutical analysis HPLC TLC IR spectroscopy
- 1.Russian Federation Patent 2410392 (2011); Byul. Izobret., No. 3 (2011).Google Scholar
- 2.T. A. Gudasheva, A. V. Tarasyuk, I. O. Logvinov, et al., Bioorgan. Khimiya, 38(3), 280 – 290 (2012).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Tarasyuk, S. V. Pomogaibo, D. V. Kurilov, and T. A. Gudasheva., Khim.-Farm. Zh., 47(1), 1 – 28 (2013).Google Scholar
- 4.T. A. Gudasheva, I. O. Logvinov, T. A. Antipova, and S. B. Seredenin, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 451, No. 5, 577 – 580 (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.S. B. Seredenin, T. A. Voronina, T. A. Gudasheva, et al., Acta Naturae, 5(4), 116 – 120 (2013).Google Scholar